How to install phpVMS (16 Steps)

MC1028

Hi All,

I felt this would benefit a lot of people!

Lets get started...

1. Choose hosting company and register your domain. Download phpVMS and extract it to somewhere where you can find it later.

Recommendations:

Paid Hosting: http://www.fivedev.net/ - http://limenex.com/

Free Hosting: http://www.000webhost.com/

NOTE: FREE WEB HOSTING MAY NOT WORK.

Domain Registration: https://www.123-reg.co.uk

You can get a free domain with a free hosting company or just google free domains.

2. Download FTP client

Recommendation: https://filezilla-project.org/

3. Log into cPanel on your chosen web hosting's website.

4. Navigate to view FTP details or something similar E.G. FTP accounts.

5. If it asks you to, create an FTP account. If not, the details will be supplied.

6. On more advanced cPanels, it will say Configure FTP client

6IXFnbU.png

OR

bUsXf1r.png

On the second example, the password will be the one you signed up with.

7. Open filezilla and find where you extracted phpVMS.

8. Type your details into filezilla. Then press quick connect.

3FdkKVR.png

9. When connected, drag the contents of your phpVMS extract to the right hand side. Wait for all of that to be loaded BEFORE you go onto next step.

2Cz0fJG.png

10. Goto your domain. If the error message in the photo below is shown, go into your file directory in filezilla - on the right hand side - and goto core and then delete local.config.php.

jUIYSL5.png"

[i][b]11.[/b][/i] Now click install/install.php on your website to start installing phpVMS onto your server.

[i][b]12.[/b][/i] On your web hosting, find Manage MySQL databases or similar. Create a MySQL database by filling in the details.

[i][b]13.[/b][/i] Click create database and then go onto your domain and fill in the details with your MySQL databases you have just filled in. If no host is given to you after you created it, leave the Database server box on phpVMS install as [b]localhost[/b].

[i][b]14. [/b][/i]Click next step.

[i][b]15.[/b][/i] If all returned green, click next step again, and fill in the final details to set up your VA. If the next page comes up with loads of red boxes, go back and check you entered all the correct details.

[i][b]16.[/b][/i] Your all set up, and a new Virtual Airline is born!

Congratulations.

Hope you guys find this useful.

Myles.

[b] [/b]

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

After a long absence, I returned to install phpvms.

Create the database. Error line 28. Clear local.config.php.

After installation all in green.

But out these errors:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in /home/mundoairlines/www/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 436

Can you help?

• 6 months later...

I downloaded phpvms.full.zip from phpvms download site.

I tried to install it on xampp localhost.

All database have been created properly, but when I click on Continue to the next step I have got many error message.

I tried to install on 000webhost and x10 free webhosts, but result is same.

Can somebody help me?

post-50648-0-31142300-1471168811_thumb.png

post-50648-0-74801900-1471168822_thumb.png

Hello All !

Finally I could downlowd it to my server, just a thing that i have now :

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote><font face=arial size=2 color=000099><b>Last Error --</b> [<font color=000000><b>Host '10.1.1.25' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server (1130)</b></font>]<br />[<font color=000000></font>]</font><p> </blockquote><hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in /home/a1815470/public_html/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 99

What does I have to do `?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Several days ago, I download phpvms_5.5.x-master from: https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpvms_5.5.x, and installed it. I also installed a skin I bought from Crazy Creations.

I entered a list of airports, a list of aircraft, and a small flight schedule. I made a single one hour flight.

I first tried kACARS, but I could’t get it to file a PIREP. I tried to manually file the PIREP, but that didn’t work either.

So, I downloaded the CCFTracker Free from Crazy Creations, and installed it.

I made another flight to test it. CCFTracker Free connected to my webpage, and let me select a scheduled flight. When I finished the flight, I filed the PIREP. CCFTracker Free confirmed that the PIREP was filed.

The Activity Feed on my mainpage reported that I had filed a PIREP, and it gave me a link to view the PIREP, confirming that the PIREP was received. But, when I click on View Flight Report, it says, “This PIREP does not exist!†I checked the phpvms_pireps database table; it was empty.

The other thing I noticed during the flight was that the Live Map did not show my flight position, or my flight data.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Monty

• Moderators

During the installation, have you encountered any issues or messages or did it install smoothly with no errors? Also, Check what version of PHP your host is running and make sure you're not on a free host.

If all the above were correct, then I suggest you remove the whole software and do a re-install.

I am using GoDaddy to host it. And yes, I did have an issue with the install. I had to install it twice because the first install was an older version that had many issues. During the second install, it told me that the database phpVMS was already installed. So, it wouldn’t let me install the database again. I spent about two hours talking to a tech at GoDaddy, trying to get the database setup. Finally, he told me to name it something else, then rename it phpVMS. Which I did, and it worked well, except for the PIREPs.

Today I reinstalled it, as you suggested. Originally, I setup the website with php version 5.5. I saw a post here that suggested that there were issues with 5.5, so today I left it on the default version, native 5.4. I reinstalled it twice: once with the database name “phpVMS,†and once with the database name “phpvms1.†I still had the same PIREP issue with both installs.

Best Regards,

Monty

• Moderators

I know this is probably a dumb question, but how do I set MySQLi type for connection? Is that set in PHP Options on GoDaddy? If so, it is already "checked", along with MySQL.

The option is at the page where you run the install.php but I just did a re-install to find out where the problem is, so the problem is in "sql/install.sql". The default values for "DATE" field must be "1000-01-01" and for "DATETIME" must be "1000-01-01 00:00:00:". I have attached an edited version of the sql file here. What you need to do are as follows:

1. Delete your DB entirely.

2. Create a new DB (can be the same name).

3. Replace the SQL file from here with the one in "install/sql" folder.

4. Run the installer.

install.zip

Thank you for your help, and for the work you did on the install file.

This morning I was browsing through cPanel on GoDaddy. I found one other option, php version 5.6. I had not tried it because I am running phpvms 5.5, and I wasn't sure if there would be a conflict because of the different version numbers. Out of a bit of desperation, I rebuilt the website using the latest version of php, and the latest version of phpvms, and amazingly it worked.

Thank you again.

[sOLVED]

• 2 months later...
  • Nabeel unpinned this topic