Real Booking System v1

servetas

• Moderators

Real Booking System v1

After some months of development, PHP-Mods Team is ready to announce you our newest module. Many of you have requested it during the past so we decided to develop a new option which includes and will include more and more functions based on your own suggestions.

• Based on the module settings, you are able to select the default position of your fleet, if you are going to limit the aircraft locations too, if you are going to limit the aircrafts which are currently bidded by your pilots and the cost of a jumpseat ticket per nautical mile.
  • As soon as a pilot registers on your virtual airline website he is being initially placed on his hub.
  • The location of the pilot is based on his last pirep or his hub or the last jumpseat ticket he purchased.
  • Each pilot has the right to purchase a jumpseat ticket. The price of the ticket is based on the distance between the current location of the pilot and the location he wants to be transfer. The jumpseat ticket is free if the pilot is stranded.
  • A pilot is getting stranded when there are not any available schedules and/or aircrafts from his current location.
  • As soon as the pilot completes a flight, his location is being automatically updated.
  • Via the administration page of the module, you are able to transfer a pilot or an aircraft.

Useful Links

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us or post your question here.

Best Regards,

PHP-Mods Team

Not too bad looking, however I don't think it's a great idea to confirm the jumpseat tickets using GET, because it's then easy for the user to type any ICAO and cost they like. It would be quite easy to mess things up just by someone entering any old ICAO code they want.

Personally, not keen on the entire concept because I feel it's very confusing from a pilot's perspective.

• Moderators

Not too bad looking, however I don't think it's a great idea to confirm the jumpseat tickets using GET, because it's then easy for the user to type any ICAO and cost they like. It would be quite easy to mess things up just by someone entering any old ICAO code they want.

You are correct. I had not thought of it. I have already updated and now it passes the data using post. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

Personally, not keen on the entire concept because I feel it's very confusing from a pilot's perspective.

It's all based on the pilot's habits. ;) During the last few two weeks, a virtual airline is using that system (a little bit customized) and its pilots are really excited with it. Via the settings page you are able to simplify the system and make it less restrictive by disabling the aircraft location system, the disable aircraft on bid page etc.

As it is stated on the manual of the module, everyone is able to request a customization based on the needs of his virtual airline.

George

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...