Schedule Search (Airline, Aircraft, Arrival, Departure)

simpilot

• Administrators

Are you runing beat or the 934 stable?

If it is beta, there are some changes that affect the module and with the new search template youcan search by aircraft and airline in addition to departure and arrival so the module becomes somewhat dated.

Are you runing beat or the 934 stable?

If it is beta, there are some changes that affect the module and with the new search template youcan search by aircraft and airline in addition to departure and arrival so the module becomes somewhat dated.

I am still running 934 stable, am i better off just moving onto the beta ?

If you recon its better to move on, where is it located?, can't seem to find it anywhere, or was it only given out to a select few ?

Thanks

• Administrators

Nabeel has done an excellent job in advancing the schedule search functions in the newest beta cersion including not loading all the schedules at first for those that have large schedule databases. IMO the beta is a better choice right now over the 934 stable if schedule searching is something that is at the top of your list, there are few other small bugs that are easily overcome and will be fixed in the near future I believe. I am building all the new sites I put out on the beta unless I am specifically asked not to.

The latest beta download link is always in the build log board of the forum, or you can go directly to the downloads page and find it at http://downloads.phpvms.net

BTW: Awesome integration of the Gooey menu on your site! Been thinking about using it myself. B)

Nabeel has done an excellent job in advancing the schedule search functions in the newest beta cersion including not loading all the schedules at first for those that have large schedule databases. IMO the beta is a better choice right now over the 934 stable if schedule searching is something that is at the top of your list, there are few other small bugs that are easily overcome and will be fixed in the near future I believe. I am building all the new sites I put out on the beta unless I am specifically asked not to.

The latest beta download link is always in the build log board of the forum, or you can go directly to the downloads page and find it at http://downloads.phpvms.net

BTW: Awesome integration of the Gooey menu on your site! Been thinking about using it myself. B)

Thanks for the link, ill look into updating soon, and yes, my menu turned out great, im really happy with the outcome, was a big learning curve for me too :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Is there anyway of creating a duplicate of this module and setting the airline to one. I have tried:

<input type="hidden" name="code" value="AFR" />

In the main search and that works fine. I have tried editing the whole class with the new name afrsearch and the same with the module and I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method afrsearch::findaircrafttypes() in /home/airfranc/public_html/core/modules/afrsearch/afrsearch.php on line 27

Any help will be useful on this

Jon

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

With the latest version of PHPVMS I've noticed that the schedules amongst other things have changed.

Using the default Schedule finder before if I clicked on a certain airport say "Ibiza Airport (LEIB)" and click search it would say no routes. (Since there weren't any flying that day).

Now if I search from any airport even ones that have flights it just returns blank. You do however see todays flights automatically when you go to: www.yoursite.com/index.php/schedules .

And with the Simpilot Schedule Search if you click "View All today's flights" it does what it should and displays all the flights going...ok

But when you highlight an airport in our example "Palma de Mallorca (LEPA) and click search instead of showing flights leaving there on say Today, Sunday. It also shows flights leaving on every other day of the week!

So I'm not too sure what's happened in changing versions :blink: But it would be nice to revert to the old way of doing it, so we only see todays flights leaving from a particular airport.

Just sort of takes the realism away so pilots can see and fly every route in the database.

I know it's slightly confusing but any help would be truly appreciated. If there's a variable I could change in some TPL?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Anyone have any idea at all? I still would like this to work properly :D

If not what other members have asked is it possible to search by day? Then at least it will work that way.

Thanks in advance,

With the changes to the native search functions in phpVMS this module has really become outdated as far as coding is concerned, it really needs to be re-written for the current version of phpVMS.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting back, and that really is a shame :/

Being hot on getting schedules right and correct it's something that really annoys me, but it's no ones fault directly :D

Hopefully in the near future we might see a re written version of this module, or if not even the possibility to "upgrade" to a newer payware version which people may be interested in even if it would just be a fiver maybe.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

• 1 month later...

Hi simpilot,

thank you once again for a very nice add-on ;-).

I'd just like to know, if you can add the value daysofweek. Would be some kind of this, wouldn't it?

<select class="search" name="daysofweek">
                   <option value="">All days</option>
                   <?php
                       foreach ($daysofweek as $days)
                           {echo '<option value="'.$days->name.'">'.$days->name.'</option>';}
                   ?>
               </select>

But this doesn't work for me. Any possibility to get it work? I guess it's something in here "$days->name".

Regards

Did anyone every get this days flown version working, im in the process of making all my schedules available everyday, but i'd like an option for pilots to be able to filter a particular days flights.

Any help would be great :)

Tylor

If you're planning on making all your flights "Daily", then how would having a search option for a certain day pertain to you? That would result in all flights in your database being shown, in turn making the "Days of Operation" search obsolete.

If you're planning on making all your flights "Daily", then how would having a search option for a certain day pertain to you? That would result in all flights in your database being shown, in turn making the "Days of Operation" search obsolete.

I wanted to have this option available as well, as some pilots are still looking towards being able to continue and be more realistic by only flying on days the schedules are actually flown. Having both options available to pilots will make us more appealing.

Looking at it now, maybe displaying it like flyuk does, with the plane icon under the day flown in their schedules would work better, i remember a post about doing this being posted somewhere on these forums by simpilot i believe, but i spent a few hours searching and had no luck finding it unfortunately.

My schedules don't have every day ticked, i was just going to change the section where it hides the flights that are not flown. So they all display, therefore in my eyes this would still allow pilots to be able to select the days flown. Correct me if i am wrong ;)

Tylor

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. My VA called "Airlines of Israel" and it simulates 2 real world airlines, Israir Airlines and Arkia Airlines. When I try to search by an airline I get 3 airlines, Airlines of Israel, Arkia and Israir. I want that I will have only 2 option in Airlines search, Arkia and Israel. How can I remove the name "Airlines of Israel" option from the search by airline option?

Here is a picture:

1111.png

Delete the airline you don't want

Let me explain you, my va is called Airlines Of Israel and it simulates the operation of bothe Israir Airlines and Arkia Airlines. If I delete the Airlines of Israel airline, pilots will have to choose use of Arkia or Israir. I want that pilots will register under Airlines of Israel but fly with Arkia or Israir. Its one airline for two real airlines.

I don't believe the system is set up that way. What you could do is combine all the flights as one airline, and in the "Notes" filed, type the Operating Airline name in there. Ex: Operated by Arkia. Other than that, I don't think I understand.

I don't believe the system is set up that way. What you could do is combine all the flights as one airline, and in the "Notes" filed, type the Operating Airline name in there. Ex: Operated by Arkia. Other than that, I don't think I understand.

I managa to make it work. I just made the main airline not enabled and I enter a code in the registration form that will register pilot to the main airline automaticly, even that it is not enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have asked this question more then a year ago en then forgot it :lol: , so I will ask it again and hopefully

get a solution :lol:

Is there a way to let the outcome be sorted on departure time rather then Flightnumber. When you use the original schedules module it looks at the config and there I changed it so the outcome has to be sorted on deptime. But in this modules it isn't working.

Regards,

Cor

• Administrators

In FrontSchedulesData.class.php

change line 21

AND phpvms_aircraft.id LIKE '$aircraft'";

to

AND phpvms_aircraft.id LIKE '$aircraft'
ORDER BY phpvms_schedules.deptime ASC";

and

change line 32

AND phpvms_aircraft.id LIKE phpvms_schedules.aircraft";

to

AND phpvms_aircraft.id LIKE phpvms_schedules.aircraft
ORDER BY phpvms_schedules.deptime ASC";

• Administrators

Was it finding flights prior to the code change, or is it something from the original code? I just tried these changes on another site and it seems to work, the only drawback being that it is sortng by departure time for each aircraft so they are in the result in blocks. When searching by aircraft you will prbably have to do a key sort after filling the variable with all the flights.