Pilot Profile not updating

Curshad

Ok so I got a VPS cause i had a 508 Resource Limit Issue. It is resolved. Now that I am on my own VPS im using Virtualmin and everything is so different and weird. >.< . Anyway I got (and I think still am getting) permission denied erorrs even though i navigated to the folders and set them to 0777. (the small permission errors seem to affect noting) Anyway I am in the admin center trying to update a pilot profile (it says edit saved (or whatever the heck it says) u know the green thing) but its not saving. I use to get a permission error (fixed it) but the info still wont save. I cant as well edit pages within the admin center either. Like i can save it but its not updating. Sigh I am really considering switching host providers too, but I am pretty sure alot of stuff will get messed up in the process. Can anyone help? Please!? :(

• Administrators

I think you have two issues....

The pilot data should be updating in the database and should not have anything to do with file permission errors. I would guess there is an error in the script somewhere in that process or a corrupt file, or possibly even the script and/or database being updated to a new version with the other not.

For editing pages, have you also set the page files themselves to the proper permissions? BTW - The folder should be 0755 and the files 0644

I will double check the files as for the scripts being corrupted. What do you recommend me to do? I am sure it's something in the database now. because i cannot add pilots VATSIM ID's Like I would add it in and save it. But there is no change to the roster or their profile. Pilots can still signup though.

Hey simpilot, I've just figured a little something out in virtualmin. I went to user permissions, and my MySQL database stuff before i got a VPS was "skybaham" and i saw it didnt have any permissions So i'm gonna test and see if it works. If not i'll check the MySQL File permissions and stuff. (Also I believe the same user is in my local config and stuff)