Hosting and Navdata Updates

Nabeel

• Administrators

I'm probably not going to provide email, instead opting that people setup with Google Apps instead. It's much quicker, and doesn't make me lose 1/3 of my system resources running spamd/mail server. Outbound mail will still work, though

I'm probably not going to provide email, instead opting that people setup with Google Apps instead. It's much quicker, and doesn't make me lose 1/3 of my system resources running spamd/mail server. Outbound mail will still work, though

Good idea there , this will save a lot of your resources (email servers are I/O killers)

• Moderators

Agreed! I use GAPP now. IT's awsome! :)

• Administrators

I'm hoping to open registrations this weekend. Working out a few final things, server is all setup and ready to go. Domains will be setup for Google Apps from the get-go, you just have to sign up (link and info will be in the registration email).

Details:

• Washington DC datacenter with a 24x7 managed, premium enterprise host on an 8-core Xeon dedicated server, 15K RPM SAS drives in RAID 10 and 6 gigs of RAM
  • Standard plan: 10GB, 50GB bandwidth - 10$/month, or 100$/year prepaid, no contract
  • cPanel, unlimited subdomains, databases, etc
  • All the latest and super optimized - Apache 2.2, nginx front-loader, PHP 5.3.2, and MySQL 5.1, also Python/Ruby - shell access if you want it
  • phpVMS comes ready to install (just create the database), but you can install anything
  • Instant (or close to) activation of your account when you register.

So - hopefully this weekend!

If you want to test pings to where you are, you can ping fivedev.net

IT IS THIS WEEKEND. Hosting :D

Yeah, It's Friday, so today is the weekend! :lol: My current host sucks so bad that I'm going to forfeit the extra months I have with them just get on your hosting. So, open up those doors and allow the flood of money your about to receive from a lot of people! :D

It's going to be so nice to actually be able to get to my site without the DB being down or talking 5 minutes to load!!!!!

Keith

• Administrators

Haha, I'm really hoping for this weekend but it's looking tough. I'm really wrestling because any billing software I try is being lame and not working with PHP 5.3.2. But if you guys take Paypal, I can load you up on there if you want before I get the billing working.

But yes, the server is sick, it can hold over 1500 concurrent connections and not even break a sweat! I'm hoping to tune mysql tonight, if WHMCS gets back to me (I've been on their ass)

• Moderators

Haha, I'm really hoping for this weekend but it's looking tough. I'm really wrestling because any billing software I try is being lame and not working with PHP 5.3.2. But if you guys take Paypal, I can load you up on there if you want before I get the billing working.

But yes, the server is sick, it can hold over 1500 concurrent connections and not even break a sweat! I'm hoping to tune mysql tonight, if WHMCS gets back to me (I've been on their ass)

Sounds a good plan!

• Administrators

Alright, the stars (kind of) aligned. Had to back-down from PHP 5.3.2, but as soon as certain parties, and I won't name WHMCS/Ioncube, get their act together, I'll bump the server back upto 5.3.x. It's now on 5.2.9.