Can't add more than 30 pilots

Jon Bailey

I'm a idiot and posted in the wrong forum. But here is my problem: I'm the OPS manager at Southern Air Transport Virtaul. And this morning when I went to accept new pilots, the system generated the new pilot number, but it wont create the new pilot number in the scheduling system so new pilot can file a priep. In our Pilot database the pilots go from SJM9501-SJM9531, but it the schedule it only goes to SJM9529. So our two new pilots are unable to file PIREP's in our system using thier pilot numbers SJM9530,and SJM9531. Any Idea's?

We are using admin versin 2.0.846. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon Bailey

Nabeel

Yes, they can log in, they are active on the system, they are on the Pilot Roster, as SJM9530, and SJM9531. I can approve PIREPS if they use another number SJM number that is below thirty, I used mine as a example SJM9506, and the PIREP system works great. They show up on the roster as SJM9530, and SJM9531 which is correct, but in our route system, where it creates a route with the new member number, the Route system stops at SJM9529, and if I try to add SJM9530, or SJM9531 to our route system it, says the route exist's already. But If I look thorugh our routes, or even search for them, I cannot find route SJM9530,SJM9531. And since the route system dosent show their numbers, they cant fill out a PIREP form using there SJM number if it above 30.

Roster SJM9501-SJM9531

route Database SJM9501-SJM9529, but it says 9530,9531 extists, but you can't see on the system, or search for it.

Everytime we accept a pilot, it created the same pilot number in our route database example me SJM9506 Jon Bailey, and in our route database there is a route SJM9506 as well, and it worked great untill we hit SJM9530, its there in the roster, but nothing in the database.

Hope this helps

Jon Bailey

• Administrators

I am the site admin for SouthernAirVirtual and we started out pilot numbers at 9501 so that's how they got up there.

I have not manually modified anyone's pilot ID number and am unable to find the PILOTID_OFFSET to look further. Where can I find this?

Chris Pollard

I don't get what you mean by 'started out'. What did you change?

• Administrators

Nabeel

Our pilots start at 9501, our very first pilot is number 9501- Chris Pollard, and then goes on from there untill SJM9531, and we did't run into trouble until we hit pilot number 9530.

Jon Bailey

Yes, but I mean, did you/are you manually changing IDs?

Nabeel

Here is the exact error messgae our pilots with a 9530 or higher pilot number get when they fill out the PIREP form "The flight code and number you entered is not a valid route!" aftr 9529 the system quit generating a route that corrisponded with a new hire. We would approve some one for example 9531 Pilot name, at the same time there would be a 9531 route number in the schedule created as well.Now it creates a new number on the roster, but no route number in the schedule system. And it quit doing this after pilot number 9529.

Does this help?

Jon Bailey

Nabeel

Here is the exact error messgae our pilots with a 9530 or higher pilot number get when they fill out the PIREP form "The flight code and number you entered is not a valid route!" aftr 9529 the system quit generating a route that corrisponded with a new hire. We would approve some one for example 9531 Pilot name, at the same time there would be a 9531 route number in the schedule created as well.Now it creates a new number on the roster, but no route number in the schedule system. And it quit doing this after pilot number 9529. No no one has changed anything manually, or changed any code.

Does this help?

Jon Bailey

Nabeel

No it wont let you add that number to the schedule, becuase it says it already exist's, even thoughs its not listed on the route page, anywhere. What should we change the pilots number too? Even if we change them, it wont add the numbers to schedule, so the pilots can fill out the PIREPS form. I'll have to get with Chris and figure out a another solution.

Jon Bailey

• Administrators

Nabeel

No it wont let you add that number to the schedule, becuase it says it already exist's, even thoughs its not listed on the route page, anywhere. What should we change the pilots number too? Even if we change them, it wont add the numbers to schedule, so the pilots can fill out the PIREPS form. I'll have to get with Chris and figure out a another solution.

Jon Bailey

Is it in the database table, and active? Did you look under the inactive list?

There is nothing in the inactive list, you cant physically see the 9530 or above numbers in the route database, and if you try to add them, it says that the route already exist's. I deleated 3 of our inactive pilots, and it brought the total number of pilots down to under thirty, 27 to be exact. And after doing that I was able to load 9530 and above into the route database, so they could post their PIREPS using their pilot numbers. So now we are back to square one. Is there a limit to the number of pilots? Is there some PHP code we are missing somewhere to enable more pilots?

Jon Bailey

• Moderators

There is nothing in the inactive list, you cant physically see the 9530 or above numbers in the route database, and if you try to add them, it says that the route already exist's. I deleated 3 of our inactive pilots, and it brought the total number of pilots down to under thirty, 27 to be exact. And after doing that I was able to load 9530 and above into the route database, so they could post their PIREPS using their pilot numbers. So now we are back to square one. Is there a limit to the number of pilots? Is there some PHP code we are missing somewhere to enable more pilots?

Jon Bailey

maby i am not getting the whole picture but at our va wa are on the beta iff a pilot registers there is no route added they just enter a number from our schedulleand you arez reffering to the schedulles so maby there is an error and not in you pilos list.

• Administrators

Jon Bailey

Nope, no limit at all. The upper limit on the INT field is 2147483647. But perhaps those last 3 weren't inserted correctly? I'm not sure, I'd have to check it myself to see.

Also, under local.config.php, can you enable DEBUG_MODE, and make sure /core/logs and all the files under it are writable. Then try adding schedules, etc, above 30 and let's see if anything comes in the log files as errors. That'd be the first thing to check

Nabeel

Yes, they can log in, they are active on the system, they are on the Pilot Roster, as SJM9530, and SJM9531. I can approve PIREPS if they use another number SJM number that is below thirty, I used mine as a example SJM9506, and the PIREP system works great. They show up on the roster as SJM9530, and SJM9531 which is correct, but in our route system, where it creates a route with the new member number, the Route system stops at SJM9529, and if I try to add SJM9530, or SJM9531 to our route system it, says the route exist's already. But If I look thorugh our routes, or even search for them, I cannot find route SJM9530,SJM9531. And since the route system dosent show their numbers, they cant fill out a PIREP form using there SJM number if it above 30.

Roster SJM9501-SJM9531

route Database SJM9501-SJM9529, but it says 9530,9531 extists, but you can't see on the system, or search for it.

Everytime we accept a pilot, it created the same pilot number in our route database example me SJM9506 Jon Bailey, and in our route database there is a route SJM9506 as well, and it worked great untill we hit SJM9530, its there in the roster, but nothing in the database.

Hope this helps

Jon Bailey

Pardon my confusion, but how does it create a route with the same number as the pilot? I've never seen that, unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

yeah that is wy i was posting my last post its verry confusing

Unless I've totally misunderstood, it seems like he was saying that for each of the first 30 pilots, phpVMS was creating a route of the same number as each pilot, and that doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't do that and I know of no reason it would. Now, if he is creating a route for each pilot as a separate step and is having trouble entering routes with specific numbers, it would behoove him to look at all the routes in admin to see if they already exist, either as active of inactive.

• Administrators

Unless I've totally misunderstood, it seems like he was saying that for each of the first 30 pilots, phpVMS was creating a route of the same number as each pilot, and that doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't do that and I know of no reason it would. Now, if he is creating a route for each pilot as a separate step and is having trouble entering routes with specific numbers, it would behoove him to look at all the routes in admin to see if they already exist, either as active of inactive.

Or maybe it was an addon they wrote. But hopefully the logs will shed some light