[NOTICE] - vaCentral API server URL changing permanently

simpilot

• Administrators

The vaCentral API is being permanently changed to api.vacentral.net . The api.phpvms.net URL will cease to operate by 9/15/15. You can tell what server your airline is currently hooked to using the live flights page on the vacentral site.

Please change your api url in your local.config.php file prior to 9/15/15.

Your config should look like this

Config::Set('VACENTRAL_ENABLED', true);
Config::Set('VACENTRAL_API_SERVER', 'http://api.vacentral.net');
Config::Set('VACENTRAL_API_KEY', '----------Your Key--------------');

• Administrators

found it and added the logo but its no showing is this normal ,will it update every day ? same goes for the ranking thats now showing 0 ?

It is showing now, there was an omission in the code on my part for when an airline adds a logo. sry :(

The rankings I am still trying to get my head around. I took what was existing and have made it work for the moment but am trying to come up with something different or tweak it a little as it definitely gives too much to longevity right now. A new airline has a hard time in ever catching up.

• Moderators

ahh thanks Dave.

as for the rankings why not calculate it on a mothly basis instead of forever or yearly

quick thinking

sertain points for pilots,pireps,... end of the month these points are stored and kept for 1 year making a yearly calculation possible.

end of the month all goes back to 0 and calucation starts again. per day (sum of pireps+ points for les pilots )just thinkin out loud) gives a sairten number for ranking like its now.

just some quick thinking

It is showing now, there was an omission in the code on my part for when an airline adds a logo. sry :(

The rankings I am still trying to get my head around. I took what was existing and have made it work for the moment but am trying to come up with something different or tweak it a little as it definitely gives too much to longevity right now. A new airline has a hard time in ever catching up.

One possible suggestion would be to add categories. One category would be for fictional VA's and another would be for VA's named after an actual airline. Most of the high ranked VA's have real world counterparts which attract more pilots than fictional VA's.