Ocean Blue v2

flyalaska

Thank you for looking at my skin. Ocean Blue is for php skins only and was tested with SimPilots 5.5 base.

Whats all included:

- PSD for the slider images

- Slider font

- Custom public profile

- Custom Pilot profile/Dashboard

- Styled tables

Modules Needed:

You will need to install a few modules for this template to work.

AirMail 3

All Awards

Ranks

vFleetTracker)php Version)

DO NOT install the template files.

Download Here!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Setup:

ACARS Map Settings

# Google Map Options
Config::Set('MAP_WIDTH', '685px');
Config::Set('MAP_HEIGHT', '400px');

Slider

The slider has two sets of images. One with a white border for your profile picture, one with out when you are logged off. Simply paste the psd's on your new images.

To add another slider image you will need to edit two file. First in layout.php go to line 76. Look for this below. For every extra slide add a whole new line and change the number accordingly.

<div class="art-slide-item art-slideheader0"></div>
<div class="art-slide-item art-slideheader1"></div>
<div class="art-slide-item art-slideheader2"></div>

Open styles/ocean.css go to around line 458

.art-slideheader0 {
background-image: url('../images/slider/slider1_out.jpg');
background-size: 100%;
background-position: 0 0;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
.art-slideheader1 {
background-image: url('../images/slider/slider2_out.jpg');
}
.art-slideheader2 {
background-image: url('../images/slider/slider3_out.jpg');
}

.art-slideheader3 {
background-image: url('../images/slider/slider1_in.jpg');
}
.art-slideheader4 {
background-image: url('../images/slider/slider2_in.jpg');
}
.art-slideheader5 {
background-image: url('../images/slider/slider3_in.jpg');
}

Edited by flyalaska
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great template. One quick technical question. I see (as referenced above) that I can change the width and height of the map via the config file. However, in the acarsmap.php file, it has this line:

<div id="acarsmap" style="width:<?php echo Config::Get('MAP_WIDTH');?>; height: <?php echo Config::Get('MAP_HEIGHT')?>"></div>

Can I change this line to the following to override the config file so it won't impact the original crystal template:

<div id="acarsmap" style="width: 600px; height: 600px </div>

Thanks!

Great template. One quick technical question. I see (as referenced above) that I can change the width and height of the map via the config file. However, in the acarsmap.php file, it has this line:

<div id="acarsmap" style="width:<?php echo Config::Get('MAP_WIDTH');?>; height: <?php echo Config::Get('MAP_HEIGHT')?>"></div>

Can I change this line to the following to override the config file so it won't impact the original crystal template:

<div id="acarsmap" style="width: 600px; height: 600px </div>

Thanks!

Never tried that approach. You can try and see what happens. Always revert back if it doesnt work.

great skin! but... I have a tpl version of phpvms, how I can use this skin? I hope it possible to convert in tpl version?

You will need to install SimPilots phpvms 5.5.2 version. Than you will get some errors. Big headache. If your site is still working on tpl version, I wouldn't change it. You can always download the skin. Change the files to .tpl and see what happens. I can't really help you. My server wont load the current phpvms version.

Never tried that approach. You can try and see what happens. Always revert back if it doesn't work.

Thanks. The reason for the question was the map flowed outside of the inner wrapper margins under both Chrome and IE11. I did try and it seems that the width can be adjusted, however, the height cannot. I tried to change height by itself without touching the width and it would disappear.

<div class="mapcenter" align="center">

<div id="acarsmap" style="width:690; height: <?php echo Config::Get('MAP_HEIGHT')?>"></div>

</div>

Regards

Have two other questions for you:

1. How do you remove, resize, or change the color of the small white box surrounding the pilot icon? I have figured how to change the size of the icon, however, I want to adjust the size accordingly.

2. In the top header with the slideshow, how do I stop the slideshow make it static with my own pic? I have tried fiddling with the layout.php and ocean.css but I am just not having any luck.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Nice skin. I have it working great except 2 things that I can't believe have not been pointed out yet. One error appears on the demo site and one appears on mine. I cant verify the other on demo site because I am not a member.

Take a look at my pilot dashboard. Notice the top boxes are WAY smaller than they should be?

Then take a look at my other 2 pics of the demo site I believe it is. You can see the footer is broke out of the template and once again, the top boxes are smaller than they should be. Other than that, so far this template has been flawless for me.

Thanks for taking a look.

Ok so I made a mistake.

The shot on the left titled oops is the demo site. the other 2 shots are my site. I can not verify the error on the pilot dashboard on the demo site obviously.

Please keep in mind these files are out of the box. I have made 0 (zero) changes to any files.

Well now I am getting somewhere!

I was marked as retired and it was how it was according to the screen shots. Once I filed a pirep and became active again, all the issues went away EXCEPT the broken footer in the public profile as depicted in the screenshot titled oops 3.

The profile issue with the shrinking boxes is a strange one. The demo was working fine until the other day. I have been marked as retired. I will see if filing a PIREP will fix that. The footer box, I didn't notice until you pointed that pointed that. I will see what I can do. I lost the original source to this template awhile ago. I will see if I can fix manually.