jQuery for new skin breaks old functions in phpvms

ahughes3

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a new admin skin and so far, I have the skin kind of looking ok with help from Vangelis and Web541. However, the more I get into it, the more I encounter errors and conflicts with what seems to be the version of jQuery that the default phpvms uses and the latest jQuery that is available, and used by the skin I have.

What seems to break is the use of buttons that I am assuming process ajax to retrieve info from the database and then return it into the page. When I switch skins, it breaks the buttons to do everything from accept a pirep to accepting/rejecting pilots. I am only assuming this is a jQuery/Ajax issue as that seems to be the most common explanation when I research it.

So my question is; what can I do to be able to use the latest versions of jQuery without breaking the older functionality of the site? Can I attempt to update whatever the old code is that doesn't seem to work in the latest jQuery? I don't know coding that well but willing to try and do it with a bit of support. Or would using something like Modernizr and Migrate fix issues so I don't have to worry about it?

I already have Migrate installed which seems to bring some functionality back but not perfectly. When I try to use Modernizr, the whole site breaks and I just get a blank screen.

I have spent a huge amount of time already on trying to complete this admin skin and I am loathed to just throw it all away because it's too difficult so I appreciate any knowledge, support that people can offer and share to help me work out how to fix this.

Thanks

Hi, there are many many ways around this, your default js files even though old and outdated, can completely be avoided.I have actually figured out

how to implement New HTML and XHTLM css stylesheets with even New "Viewports" for that "WOW" look with phpvms. Yep, it works to, and great.

checkout a new skin I've done here if you want;

http://heritageva.net/mpd

There is much to explain how to and what not, so if your interested, let me know. There is way to much Information to post here, and its 4am my time. LOL.

Keep me posted. - Also have working demos in sub-directories for you to view. And I don''t want money, I believe in helping other Simmers get it goin.

Jim