Individual Login Page and Pilot Registration Examples

natcret

I was wondering if thre are examples out there of sites that use a different log in/registration interface with phpvms so that way guests or other are limited in what they see. I am familiar with re-arranging navigation items based on the vanilla crystal skin. However, what i want to try to do is have a single page that would show for the site, that would have the login just for va members and basic VA joining information. I just want to get some ideas on what is out there or what folks may have done as I am new to phpvms.

I also wanted know if others have ever modified their registration_mainform.php file and was it a hard thing to do?

Regards,

Nat

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but you can limit what links users/pilots see on your site. In your core_navigation file you can use the below code around the links you only want logged in users to see. I have my site set up this way. If you are not logged in then you only see certain links. After login, then more links become available.

<?php if(Auth::LoggedIn())
    {
	    echo '<li><a href="'.url('/profile').'">Pilot Center</a></li>';
    }
    ?>

Thanks Keith. I am familiar with the core navigation item and I have set up the site to linit what folks see. What I am trying to do is just have a intro page of sorts that a person would not be able to continue withour registering. I guest the best example I could show would be Parkho's site: http://www.parkho.ir/ or the Virtual Amsterdam VA site http://www.amsterdamva.nl/

I want to clarify that I am not looking to mirror any of these sites in any way. I am just trying using the pages as an example and that the page I am thinking about creating would only have a login link and a register link somewhere on the page, and within the page itself maybe some info items or other things. But the page itself would be very basic.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...