Fleet/Airline Management?

Brendan03

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a Virtual 'Group' which will operate over multiple airlines throughout several regions.

At the moment, I'm doing all the schedules by hand from timetables available online however, One of the potential issues I'm facing is that currently, All the 'routes' are assigned to one aircraft registration - Currently, This is fine however, what I'd ultimately like to end up with is a situation where pilots can select from a menu the registration they're flying for that flight on that day.

Thus far, I have managed to implement the schedules to an accuracy level that dictates only 1 aircraft will operate the flight. Real World schedules that use different aircraft on the same flight number, have an alternate flight number which shows the days on which the alternate aircraft is used.

Additionally, Another issue I can foresee is that should we find a way to manage this, The fleet itself won't be assigned to 'groups' or airlines so PHPVMS will have no way of 'grouping' the registrations, that I know of.

My question is this, does PHPVMS (or any potential mods) have any functionality to group or bind registrations for fleet to a set airline so that pilots aren't presented with a list of every airline's aircraft?

(An example of the potential issue I would see is that... Should you be doing a group like we are, you would have the potential to see all the Airlines' A320s, which could run into the hundreds, as opposed to the

airline you're chosing, which may only be a list of 10-20)

The process, should I manage to complete it as desired would be...

Search for a flight, say KLAX-KJFK, Pick a flight operated by an A320, Select a registration/specific Air Frame from that Airlines fleet, Start up FlightSim and go.

My apologies if this is a confusing question but I would appreciate any help or pointers on this.

Thanks,

Brendan.

Hi Brendan,

I believe this is not possible unless you edit some of the phpVMS core files.

Just for an option, you could add a column in your sql database and then call it in a form on your schedules_results page to only show aircraft with that airline. That should allow you to create another function somewhere. Or you could create your own module which does the same function.Or if you just want to select an aircraft our of your fleet without checking the airline, you could maybe modify the book flight function. I might have a crack at it later.

I'm sure there's a better way to do this.

Thanks for the replies.

I figured it would probably be out of the standard phpVMS functionality but was wondering more about if there were any pre-existing modules. It may be something we have to develop ourselves as per our requirements. I'll keep hunting about for a while though.

• Moderators

Thanks for the replies.

I figured it would probably be out of the standard phpVMS functionality but was wondering more about if there were any pre-existing modules. It may be something we have to develop ourselves as per our requirements. I'll keep hunting about for a while though.

We would much appreciate it if you "roll up your sleeves" and get it done and perhaps share it with everyone here. :D :D :D

• Like 1

I've been messing with some code and adding a few functions here and there, I'd be happy to post what I've got soon once I clean it up a little bit as a starting point for someone, but does anyone have any ideas on how we could post the aircraft registration to the schedule?

Would I have to modify the addbid function?

@parkho, I've been extending your FlightBookingSystem Module if you don't mind (good front end search)?

I've also thought about this however whilst I'm not particularly savvy with PHP and Modules and what not, I'd say that if you can force PHPVMS to read a Aircraft type and Airline and associate it to the said Aircraft type, or even just 'create' new shorthand codes for the equipment type in the schedules database, You might be able to get the concept working?

I'm beginning to think this is going to be a bit of a nightmare to try and implement!

Nightmare yes, impossible no. ;)

It is possible, I've got the airline-to-aircraft appending working so far and I've got the form which lets the pilot choose the aircraft based on airline and the aircraft type on the schedule itself. I'm only stuck with the part where you have to get the data from the users form through a function to the briefing and then add the bid, unless I just recode the briefing/bidding functions entirely adding variables here and there which is possible.

Nightmare yes, impossible no. ;)

It is possible, I've got the airline-to-aircraft appending working so far and I've got the form which lets the pilot choose the aircraft based on airline and the aircraft type on the schedule itself. I'm only stuck with the part where you have to get the data from the users form through a function to the briefing and then add the bid, unless I just recode the briefing/bidding functions entirely adding variables here and there which is possible.

Sounds good... though that last part starts losing me there a bit. :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

@web541,

I wouldn't mind you modifying my module but keep in mind that I have tried several times to achieve this using different methods but the main problem is the pirep submitting section. That function needs to be modified to lock the A/C registration in all schedules before it's accepted and unlock them once the pirep is accepted.

I think this can be done by assigning routes to aircraft instead of aircraft to routes. We need a module to create a list of available aircraft and perhaps their original locations just like the pilot HUB then we assign one or multiple routes to each registration and lock them on bids until the pirep is submitted and pending. Once the pirep is accepted then the module releases the A/C for next pilot. We have to think about stranded pilots as well. My FBS right now is working based on pilot location but in this new way both pilots and aircraft need to have their own locations. I hope I made my point.

• Like 1

Hey,

One of the things I've seen around as a module is the ability to 'force' pilots to use certain aircraft due to a real world rotation like system of the fleet... Whilst I've only partially looked into them, in a situation like ours, where Real World airlines come into the picture, I think this would be counterproductive to force pilots to use certain aircraft due to the fact that pilots may actually be limited by what aircraft are available to them in terms of aircraft paints available for addons.

As an example... Airline A may have 10x A320, We'll say they're N320VA, N321VA, N322VA -> N329VA. If the schedule system requires the pilot to use N323VA but the only liveries/paints available are N321VA and N327VA, It may cause issues for the pilot to find that 'frame' - hence I think in a situation like this, giving the pilot a full list of N320VA to N329VA better suits our requirements and should someone upload a repaint of N323VA at a later point, We don't need to do any changes to support that 'frame' at a later point.

I hope my example is clear enough to understand...

The other problem as well, as it stands, About 900 lines of schedules have been added to our database but they've all been done so far as to pick out the 'class leader' of the fleet (ie, Anything operated by a 737-800 is assigned to the registration of the first 738 registered in the real-world airline's fleet) so at the moment, pilots would not get the option to choose their frame.

I have a feeling we're really trying to push the limits of phpVMS lol

Thanks again.

I know where you are coming from, basically I'm in the process of designing a module which basically allows you to do the same thing.

I'm building on Parkho's FlightBookingSystem module as it searches the schedules really well and gives the option for pilot location/jumpseating.

I'm going to keep that in for now and have it so that you can choose which airline each aircraft is appended to, then when you upload schedules, you will only have to put one registration (e.g. N320VA) [it is a B738] in the aircraft column and then I'll get that information on the pilots side but getting which airline that aircraft is appended to and also every other aircraft with the original aircraft's airline and ICAO code (in this case, B738) then allow the pilots to book their own aircraft out of the full list.

bear in mind that to avoid confusion, with this you may want to think about adding the ICAO with the each airline. e.g. set one registration as B738AAL and select the airline of AAL- American Airlines then in your excel spreadsheet set the "aircraft column" to B738AAL. If you decide to do that, then I can hide that particular aircraft ICAO off the pilots side so they cannot book it.

^^Starting Point, although I do like Parkho's ideas, so I might add them in later.

I think this can be done by assigning routes to aircraft instead of aircraft to routes.

-- and with that, if a pilot uses ACARS to file the PIREP, as long as the aircraft on the bid is the one they want to fly, the accepting of the PIREP shouldn't matter as long as their registration has carried over. (I think)

@web541:

That sounds awesome. I think that pretty much sums up exactly what I'm trying to do here.

At this point, I'm thinking that's probably going to be the easiest way of doing something like this here without the schedules turning into a bigger mess than they already are.

Thanks again!

Ok,

The following are "trial" files for those who want to give this a go, bearing in mind that this may screw up your phpVMS installation if something goes wrong, but I've tested it on two different installations and it seemed to work for me.

Please remember to backup your files first before adding these files in as the majority are core files which are needed to run your virtual airline. I cannot guarantee that this module will work 100% with your installation.

I have tested this with kACARS_Free and the file PIREP does work as it shows the aircraft booked in the admin panel (PIREPS section).

If you are using smartCARS, since it is a payware addon and their code may be (most likely) different to the default one (kACARS module) then it probably won't show your aircraft in the client itself. I could modify the module, but since it is payware, I wouldn't be able to distribute it, much like vaCentral and the live map issue.

EDIT: Going by the sticky (any updates will show up here) https://github.com/w...1/FltbookSystem

Fltbook SystemPHP.zip

Fltbook SystemTPL.zip

• 4 weeks later...

S O L V E D

Between the English and PHP I do not hear much, but gradually voya doing things. Try out and error.

I'm using the PHP system.

Place folders Fltbook SystemPHP.zip in PHPVMS.

In local.config.php I made changes.

In core_navigation.php my skin got this line:

<Li> <a href="<?php miss url('/fltbook'); ?> "title =" fltbook "> Fltbook </a> </ li>

but when in the menu on the web, hit the FLTBOOK menu, I get this error:

Notice: The template file "/home/mundoairlines/www/core/templates/fleet/fleet_list.php" does not exist in /home/mundoairlines/www/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 231

Does the schedule you are trying to book for have the aircraft of ICAOAIRLINE ?

For instance

If you have a B737-800 and it is an american airlines aircraft, then create one aircraft through your admin panel called B738AAL and select the airline of AAL- American Airlines, then in your excel spreadsheet set the "aircraft column" to B738AAL or select the aircraft through the admin panel when you add/edit the schedule.

Once this is done, the schedule will automatically retrieve all the other B737-800 aircraft with the airline of AAL provided that they have also been given the airline of AAL.

I explain:

With KAkars you can make booking flights from kakars own.

Image 1:

- Select airport takeoff.

- Salen all routes from this airport.

- You select the route and loads the information in the boxes. Bid on Flight press the button and the route is reserved.

The box under the button confirms the reservation. Image 2,3.

problems:

When you press the green button you should load the booked flight. But as you can see in the box under the green ball "NO FLIGHT FOUND".

No reservation. Image 4.

In MY BIDS phpvms tab, there is no reservation. Imagen 5.

If I use the airline reservation system that brings phpvms, it does not work.Image 6.

I like more your booking system, but I would like to use both.

See if you can make reservations for the two forms.

a greeting

26151eab77530fec85486a79eb00935ao.jpg

57a86b663324519e7eb7ca4b4a6fbbcdo.jpg

e4f6f1672180875f230f0b21510c8eado.jpg

81b57e38af7f304d8adbdfdb1968dbefo.jpg

db1d1d6daedbd31c876ef1a1ffe80817o.jpg

4efbd3df90d3bf2c23a71b25efad1016o.jpg

Ok,

I'm going to guess that you are using a custom version of kacars which I'm also guessing (maybe) that it has another module which makes the bid from kacars go to the website. (I've never owned it)

The kacars free function only uses the default schedule bid function in phpvms, so I would like to know which one kacars custom has.

If you book a flight through my booking system, does the bid go through?

The no route passed error is a javascript/jquery error which is to do with your skin I believe. Do a search on here to find a solution unless you would like to use my booking system (if it actually works)

Yes, I have a custom version of cars.

When booking a flight on the web using your system, custom kakars reads.

The problem is that if I book with personalized kakars, rather than on the web, no reservation is made. The reservation is confirmed to be made, but really the reservation is made.

I do not know how to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a problem.

Departure airport has 2 aircraft. When I added the flight, it was installed on the aircraft flight (Example BN-QVI!)

when I try to make the registration of flight, I can register for the flight of any aircraft regardless of what was added when you create a flight in the admin panel

Ok,

The following are "trial" files for those who want to give this a go, bearing in mind that this may screw up your phpVMS installation if something goes wrong, but I've tested it on two different installations and it seemed to work for me.

Please remember to backup your files first before adding these files in as the majority are core files which are needed to run your virtual airline. I cannot guarantee that this module will work 100% with your installation.

I have tested this with kACARS_Free and the file PIREP does work as it shows the aircraft booked in the admin panel (PIREPS section).

If you are using smartCARS, since it is a payware addon and their code may be (most likely) different to the default one (kACARS module) then it probably won't show your aircraft in the client itself. I could modify the module, but since it is payware, I wouldn't be able to distribute it, much like vaCentral and the live map issue.

EDIT: Going by the sticky (any updates will show up here) https://github.com/w...1/FltbookSystem

Hello, can you help with the module?

I have the source code of the page "shedules_result" with a very good feature, but unfortunately do not have the module (((

Can you help to recreate and make it work? I think that you might be interested in this module.)