Emails won't Send (v5.5.x)

alblua

Hello all,

I've been consistently having problems sending emails with phpVMS, whether the old v4 release or the one by simPilot v5 release.

When testing registration, the confirmation email just won't send, and I'm 100% sure any other emails won't send either.

I remember when our email was based on the local mail server of our then free (we upgrade on x10hosting) hosting service, emails would send fine, all the time, guaranteed. I believe it was also routed through GMail's or Outlook's servers for some time too. Everything worked back then.

We've moved to Zoho, and ever since then, each new phpVMS "project of sorts" we had, emails will just not budge.

In local.config.php, this is the quick email excerpt I have.

# Email Settings
Config::Set('EMAIL_FROM_NAME', 'AirTran Virtual');
Config::Set('EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS', 'trs@airtranvirtual.net');

Config::Set('EMAIL_USE_SMTP', true);
# Add multiple SMTP servers by separating them with ;
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_SERVERS', 'smtp.zoho.com');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_PORT', '465');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USE_AUTH', true);
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_SECURE', 'ssl'); # must be "ssl" for Google Apps
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USER', 'trs@airtranvirtual.net');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_PASS', 'password'); # Password is indeed correct

Just something else, the page takes forever to load before going to the confirmation page. Same with the "resend activation function" in the new phpVMS build by simPilot (he's worked gold into this thing). Could that be a problem?

I'll be keeping an eye on my inbox and spam; nothing's been received yet. I'll keep trying as well.

The website URL is http://crew.airtranvirtual.net/, if needed.

Thank you!

Have you tried trouble shooting it by disabling SMTP and see if it will send just using php mail?

Well, I'll be darned, I didn't even have to go through the trouble of figuring it out; I was so used to php mail not working at all I just automatically went to SMTP! Thanks for this ridiculously simple tip!

• 1 year later...