[SOLVED] Error on installation of version 2.1.935 - Build number 936

TheBulk

Hi everyone,

I used phpvms a few years ago and so have previous knowledge of the system. I moved away from Flight Simulation for a while due to other commitments and have recently come back to it. I thought I would check out phovms again as I have thought about setting up a virtual airline again. However when I came to install it I encountered the following error and I am not sure on how to continue.

I am on paid hosting and have never had a problem with my webhost in the past for such things. I followed the installation guide on here. I downloaded the full version in zip format, unzipped the package and uploaded it via sftp. I have run the install check and everything checksout okay.

Yet when I run the installer I get the following error - 'Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in /home/phpvmsadmin/phpvms.goldlinepictures.com/phpvms/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 28' I have opened the file and cannot see what is going on as I am not hugely familiar with php coding.

Does any one have any advice on how to overcome this issue or does anyone have an older copy of phpvms installer and files that works that they could send me so I can try to get an older copy of it working?

Many Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from people soon.

Cheers

Jonny

Hi Vangelis,

Thanks for getting back to me about it. I followed your suggestion and it worked as far the site setup page. I entered all of the information it required however I was presented with the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in /home/phpvmsadmin/phpvms.goldlinepictures.com/phpvms/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 436

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

J

Hi Vangelis,

Thanks again for replying and apologises for not searching before hand. I did search for my original problem didnt find many results with a similar issue hence why I posted. I shall bare it in mind for future reference and try to do more searching before posting. Again thanks for your help, I have downloaded the copy that simpilot maintains to see if I am able to get that working. I will post back here to let you know.

Cheers

J