Large amount of schedules causing memory problems

ahughes3

Hi Guys,

Because I run an alliance VA, we have multiple airlines, multiple routes etc. We are currently standing at 32k routes and it's basically sending my php memory limit into spasms!

So my question or challenge is; would it be possible to create or modify a function within phpvms so that rather than the standard form trying to pull all routes to then search on (tell me if I'm wrong on this, just my understanding), I can use a form to purely select from DEP ICAO, ARR ICAO, Aircraft Type, Distance and it then make a query to the database to return only the results needed?

This issue is having a knock-on effect for me with modules also that require routes to be booked and for some reason, their scripts seem to call all routes from the off. I am happy to try and have a go at modifying functions and dataclasses, but I could do with a bit of sign posting as to what needs to be altered.

Thanks in advance. B)

Happy to have a go with that Vangelis. What query drives the schedule results? Or would I place the query directly into the schedule_searchform.php itself?

• phpvms.js
  • schedulesData.class.php
  • schedule_searchform.php
  • schedules.php

or something entirely different?

Sorry, I know I'm clueless when it comes to php coding but always willing to give it a try. :blink:

• Members

Whel phpvms is an mvc framework that means that all query should go to schedules data.class

At the moment I am away from a PC until Tuesday then I will be able to suggest some code

Pagination work with limit and offset have a look here http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_select_limit.asp. So you should post like a form the offset in order to get let's say the next 50 records