PHP7 and phpVMS won't work

TadMiles

Hi All,

My web host has just upgraded from PHP 5.5 to PHP 7. This has caused the installation of phpVMS on my website to not work. Having been in contact with the host, I have been informed that I either need to pay $21 AUD or go elsewhere, as it is extra for them to keep their server running PHP 5.5. I understand this, however if there was some way to avoid paying or needing to move, it would be great. So I guess the main question I have now is can phpVMS be made compatible with PHP7, or is there a release of phpVMS that is compatible with PHP7? Thanks in advance for any help or ideas provided.

Which phpVMS version have you installed on your web hosting plan? As far as I know the latest phpVMS version developed by simpilot is compatible with PHP 5.5.

Our Hosting Company has upgraded to PHP7, however after consulting with them they have downgraded our hosting to PHP5.5 for 1 month so we can try and find a solution.

I've tried a clean install, with a new database, that works perfect.

after that I have tested it with the current phpvms installation, now I got a blank page.

log file

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /var/www/vhosts/uae-virtual.com/www/core/modules/ACARS/ACARS.php on line 176\n', referer: http://uae-virtual.com/index.php/

• Administrators

It looks like it is working right now, what is the "current" installation? Looking right now http://uae-virtual.com/core/version looks like you are running 5.5.2

It looks like the ACARS script will have to be edited to get rid of the break error. This is probably stopping ACARS reports.

but can the acars script cause a blank page?

at uae-virtual.com I running now php 5.6.19

I have copied the whole content to a new folder at http://php7.uae-virtual.com/ running with php 7.0.4, but there is only a blank page, display_errors is enabled in php.ini

but I got a new Log entry

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/vhosts/uae-virtual.com/php7.uae-virtual.com/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php:98\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/uae-virtual.com/php7.uae-virtual.com/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb.class.php(195): ezDB_mysql->connect('phpvms', 'XXXXXXXX', 'localhost:3306')\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/uae-virtual.com/php7.uae-virtual.com/core/codon.config.php(113): DB::connect('phpvms', 'XXXXXXXX', 'phpvms', 'localhost:3306')\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/uae-virtual.com/php7.uae-virtual.com/index.php(47): include('/var/www/vhosts...')\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/vhosts/uae-virtual.com/php7.uae-virtual.com/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 98\n'

• Administrators

You are trying to use the mysql extension which is being deprecated in php 7 and most hosts are not including it in the php build. You will have to change to mysqli

In your local.config.php file change

define('DBASE_TYPE', 'mysql');

to

define('DBASE_TYPE', 'mysqli');

• 2 weeks later...

I experience this issue when I try to update phpVMS -

Warning: include(/home/mackenzir-00/ifqantasvirtual.tk/core/lib/mysqldiff/MySQLDiff.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mackenzir-00/ifqantasvirtual.tk/install/includes/loader.inc.php on line 49 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/mackenzir-00/ifqantasvirtual.tk/core/lib/mysqldiff/MySQLDiff.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/mackenzir-00/ifqantasvirtual.tk/install/includes/loader.inc.php on line 49 Fatal error: Call to undefined method Template::init() in /home/mackenzir-00/ifqantasvirtual.tk/install/includes/loader.inc.php on line 52

• 2 weeks later...

I have a server with Nginx and PHP7 (I won't change my server config because it is the fastest actually). When I try to install phpVMS, public and pilot's parts are working but admin part isn't working (all admin modules are not found) do you have any solution ? For informations I am running phpVMS-master from git...

• Administrators

Looks like you are using the old official release, I have no idea if it will work on php7, doubtful though. It may be as simple as uploading all the admin folder again. I have my version running on php7 without any noticeable issues yet.

• Administrators

I tried your version simpilot (https://github.com/D...rk/phpvms_5.5.x), the same, I also tried to upload again the admin folder but the same... Do you have any suggestion or solution to fix it ?

Without some error or debug messages I do not really have anything to give you to try. It is odd that the main site works but the admin side does not, I am having no issue with either on php 7.0.5

I haven't error message (only "The module "bla-bla-bla" doesn't exist !" When I try to access to any module of admin side (every module are working on main side)). I try to modify index.php of admin directory and change MainController::RunAllActions() to MainController::Run() and its working I think The problem is due to the RunAllActions fonction but I cannot found errors...

For information I have sale version on localhost with php7 and Apache (on the remote server its nginx... It is the problem ?) and its working...

Another information I have SSL certificat on my remote server...

• 5 months later...

Pull the server php error log and see what is there, activate the phpVMS error debugging functions and see what shows up there.

http://forum.phpvms....ging-issues-r31

No PHP error message displayed on webrowser page and no error log regarding this problem. I have made a lot of debug and test and the problem is bicoming form the ADMIN_PANEL constant. When I enter a module in parameters that constant is no longer defined. So my problem is why the constant is no longer defined ? I can not find why, can you help me to ?

Edited by Gofast77