Pilot Auto Retire vs Admin Center Status

HondaJet

Our VA has just hit the 90 day mark since we started with phpVMS and we primarily use smartCARS. Therefore some of our pilots are starting to get their status changed automatically as we wanted.

They receive an email like this -- Hi John Doe, You have been marked as retired because you have been inactive for more than 90 days. To be un-retired, you must file a PIREP. Thanks, VA Management Team.

My question is about them being told they have been marked as retired, however, when I look at their status in phpVMS Admin Center they are all showing up as On Leave status.

The only choices for status in the Admin Center are; Active, Inactive, On Leave and Banned. I was thinking On Leave would be for people that request LOA status due to real world commitments, health issues, etc. Why would the retired pilots go to On Leave? Is this the way it is supposed to work? Or is there something else my settings need to make Retired pilots become Inactive status instead of On Leave?

The second question is about the email telling them they just need to file a PIREP to be un-retired when smartCARS won't let them log in if they are not active. Are we missing something to make all this work like it should?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jerry

• Administrators

I think Inactive is the same as retired in this case. Although the column in the database is titled retired there is no actual retired status by default in the config file. Retired, when true is marked with a "1" and that corresponds with the inactive status. Not sure why they are showing up as on leave. What version of phpvms are you using? Are the accounts actually being marked with a 3 in the retired column?

I am not sure how smartcars works as far as login - all the others you simply have to submit a pirep through the acars and your account is reactivated and then you can login again.

I am not sure which one is the answer to your question about which version phpvms we have.

The phpVMS database homepage has these two versions showing over on the right.

MySQL shows Server version: 5.6.25-log

phpMyAdmin shows Version information: 3.3.10.4

Is there another place I should be looking for the version number?

I did some testing and found out that smartCARS will not allow login with any status other than Active.

I did confirm that our Retired pilots do in fact have a 3 in their retired column in the database. However, when I look at the View All Pilots in the Admin Center on our website the pilots that have been auto changed to Retired status shows a status there of On Leave, not Inactive like I would have thought.

What comes next for these Retired pilots if they don't fly another flight? Do they stay in the database forever? Or are they deleted automatically by phpvms after some period of time?

If so, at what point does that happen?

Thanks for any ideas you may have. :)

Jerry

• 2 years later...
On 4/15/2016 at 7:22 PM, simpilot said:

I think Inactive is the same as retired in this case. Although the column in the database is titled retired there is no actual retired status by default in the config file. Retired, when true is marked with a "1" and that corresponds with the inactive status. Not sure why they are showing up as on leave. What version of phpvms are you using? Are the accounts actually being marked with a 3 in the retired column?

I am not sure how smartcars works as far as login - all the others you simply have to submit a pirep through the acars and your account is reactivated and then you can login again.

I know this is an old post, but my pilot admin is doing the same....it is marking pilot's as ON LEAVE instead of RETIRED. Database does show 3 in the retired column. Where do I need to change the code to make it set retired pilots to 1 instead of 3? I cannot seem to find the right file...and line. I am running 5.5 if that helps...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't believe phpVMS will delete the pilot record in the database. If it did, it would delete the pilot's hpurs as well. This would affect the VA's total hours (and possibly the financials as well) - so best to leave "retired" pilots in the database.

As for the pilot's status changing to a "3"(LOA) instead of a "1"(Retired), i have no idea how to fix that.