Protecting Your Web Site & Hard Work SIMPLE!

Heritage1

I've finished a little code snippet for everyone, I was prompted to create this in regards to a particular individual that posted someone else's PHPVMS Skin. Well, the only way this person got this, was either through Fire Fox FireBug plugin, or just plain hacked it.

( the code source that is.) Easy to do now a days, so here, this is for Everyone, and is really simple, short and to the point. This will

Protect against a right click to view the page source, if you put this into the ---> layout.php page, and/or the ,

frontpage_main.php "Anywhere", and of course this can be used anywhere you want. And it IS HTML compliant !! Period.

php,htm, html, xml, and xhtml. Bottom line. Photos, YOUR HARD WORK, can't get skyped right out of the gate. It works for us, hope

ya all can put it to good use. Thanks,

Jim "Jungle"

copy and paste this into the Head of the layout.php of the Skin you are using for phpvms. Again, it can be put all over the place if so

Desired, however, usually the layout.php file is the source of your site, and skin setup you have created.

<!--protect site script , start code-->

<script language=Javascript> var message="Copyright All Rights Reserved!"; function clickIE4(){ if (event.button==2){ alert(message); return false; } } function clickNS4(e){ if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){ if (e.which==2||e.which==3){ alert(message); return false; } } } if (document.layers){ document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); document.onmousedown=clickNS4; } else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){ document.onmousedown=clickIE4; } document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false") </script>

<!--end protect script-->

Feel free to visit any of my sites, working demos at ; http://heritage-va.net/hva

and as usual, I will be MORE THEN HAPPY to answer you guys with questions. Give me time

though, I am 100% disabled, to answer, sorry, (war vet). But I will answer as quick as possible.

May God Speed, and see ya all in duh Air !

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing. Just my two cents. It's impossible to hide your HTML source code. If the browser can read it, which it needs to be able to render a webpage, then so can a user. Of course, this is a basic way to strict users who don't know what to do. If someone knows, he will be able to access your source code without anything special effort.

• Like 2

Yeppers, Makes total sense, thanks guys, didn't even think of that. LOL, I'm bad. I see that now, well, for those who can't do what we do anyway,

Guess it was the thought that counted. LOL, You are right, tried that several different ways, was difficult at first but figured it out. But then again,

As you guys said, for someone who really doesn't understand it.

Jimbo

• 4 months later...

I just made sure to drop a index.html page in every file that I could. That way no directories came up so people could download my files. if they are going to steal code, then they can work hard at it and right click and copy and all that. I'm not just going to let them download my files. :)

• 1 month later...

Yep,

Tried everything. However, I did break down and actually purchase a password locker software package which encrypts hard core. And has the features of

backup along with different encryption methods of course, worth every single penny, I'm now using it faithfully for private areas in phpvms.

I'm amazed at how easy it really is to view page sources, hence the purchase. It was worth a shot LOL, I tried.

Thanks guys.

Jim