php5.4+ compatibility

Kalo

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make phpvms compatible with php5.4 or higher? I have found simpilots php5.5 version here https://github.com/V...rs/phpvms_5.5.x and here http://www.flyaka.co....5.x-master.zip but it seems it would be a nightmare to import my database from php5.3. There are lots of new fields added in tables preventing an import. Such as in the pilots table there is a new "payadjust" field. There are a bunch of new fields in the schedules tables, and probably a bunch of other tables as well.

Does anyone know if there's a php5.4+ version that uses all default tables? Or are there any plans for an official 5.4+ version?

Edited by Kalo

Yeah, the links you provided have been tested with php 5.5, however I've installed it on php 5.4 in the past with no real problems.

In case you're wondering, phpvms 5.5.x has also been tested with php 7.0 in a development environment (here)

Are you installing a fresh version or wanting to port your current (.tpl) version over?

I say this because, there is no real "easy" way to port it all over as many (many) things have changed from the .tpl version to the .php version including what you've stated, the table structure. As far as I know, this was the current up-to-date phpvms version as of a while ago until it got removed from github.

What you could do is export lets say the aircraft, airlines, airports, hubs, pilots, pireps, ranks and schedules table (as they have had minor changes) and then install the newer phpvms version into a different folder in your public_html, connect it to a different database (so technically you'd have two version running simultaneously with no conflict) and then import the tables above. No guarantees it will work, but theoretically it should import the data into the columns specified and I believe none have been removed, only added during the upgrade.

Remember to BACKUP first if you try this though.

Yeah, the links you provided have been tested with php 5.5, however I've installed it on php 5.4 in the past with no real problems.

In case you're wondering, phpvms 5.5.x has also been tested with php 7.0 in a development environment (here)

Are you installing a fresh version or wanting to port your current (.tpl) version over?

I say this because, there is no real "easy" way to port it all over as many (many) things have changed from the .tpl version to the .php version including what you've stated, the table structure. As far as I know, this was the current up-to-date phpvms version as of a while ago until it got removed from github.

What you could do is export lets say the aircraft, airlines, airports, hubs, pilots, pireps, ranks and schedules table (as they have had minor changes) and then install the newer phpvms version into a different folder in your public_html, connect it to a different database (so technically you'd have two version running simultaneously with no conflict) and then import the tables above. No guarantees it will work, but theoretically it should import the data into the columns specified and I believe none have been removed, only added during the upgrade.

I did exactly this last weekend. I didn't add any of those new columns into my tables and so far I haven't had any issues. I've got debug turned on and so far so good. This is my production db on my test site so I haven't finished testing it all yet. I'm hoping testing keeps going well and I can move on as is.

If I understand you correctly I think I have done this already. I installed a fresh phpvms5.5 version into a fresh database...then I tried to import my old database. It gave me a bunch of errors I'm assuming because of the different table fields. I even tried importing individual tables like my old pilots or schedules tables into the fresh 5.5 database but that did not work either.

try exporting the pilots table out of the original database and importing it into the new one and then if it gives you errors, post them here so we can take a look.

thanks, these are the errors I get when importing the pilots and schedules tables. Last picture is my import settings:

En1tUe5.jpg

oPJAQiq.jpg

fchFkVA.jpg

ah ok, it's a foreign key constraint failure, try opening the SQL file and place this before the CREATE_TABLE... or even running this before you import

thanks, hmm I got the same error with pilots table and a slightly different one with schedules. Did I put the foreign_key_checks in the right spot?

MBISsyY.jpg

new schedules error:

NPd9WZQ.jpg

hmmm,

Using the new database (not the original)

For the following, use phpMyAdmin

1. Export the pilots table

2. Go to the new database

3. Run this query in the SQL tab (near Import or Export, etc.)

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
TRUNCATE phpvms_pilots;

This will effectively empty the new pilots table and reset the auto-increment

4. Import the data as usual

See if that works, if it doesn't, post your errors again and see if in the .sql file contains the following

--
-- Indexes for table `phpvms_pilots`
--
ALTER TABLE `phpvms_pilots`
 ADD PRIMARY KEY (`pilotid`),
 ADD KEY `code` (`code`),
 ADD KEY `rank` (`rank`);

If it does, this may be conflicting with the import, so remove it and anything below it and then try the steps again.

Hi Kalo,

All I did to fix foreign key errors was to delete the table and let the create new table in the backup file re-build it.

In fact with the last few test server rebuilds after install a fresh copy of phpVMS I deleted all the tables and just let import of the backup file rebuild them all.

hmmm,

Using the new database (not the original)

For the following, use phpMyAdmin

1. Export the pilots table

2. Go to the new database

3. Run this query in the SQL tab (near Import or Export, etc.)

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
TRUNCATE phpvms_pilots;

This will effectively empty the new pilots table and reset the auto-increment

4. Import the data as usual

Still some errors:

when importing my old pilot table:

pgNHuJi.jpg

when I did the above to my old pilot table, but also added what you said to do in post #7 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0; before create table:

35eaPvt.jpg

when re-importing phpvms5.5 default pilot table:

KzgRiHX.jpg

See if that works, if it doesn't, post your errors again and see if in the .sql file contains the following

--
-- Indexes for table `phpvms_pilots`
--
ALTER TABLE `phpvms_pilots`
ADD PRIMARY KEY (`pilotid`),
ADD KEY `code` (`code`),
ADD KEY `rank` (`rank`);

If it does, this may be conflicting with the import, so remove it and anything below it and then try the steps again.

A little success here! I could get both my old pilot table and the new unchanged pilot table to import...but now the pilot list shown on the webpage does not show pilots from the database @ /index.php/pilots (it's an empty list, even though in phpMyadmin it shows all pilots in the table in the old format...I guess because the fields are different?)

To get the phpvms5.5 default pilot table to import I had to delete from line 74 and down:

uOtdAPW.jpg

to get my old pilot table to import I had to add SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0; before Creat Table like you said AND delete from line 824 and down:

knEnGoc.jpg

Edited by Kalo

Hi Kalo,

All I did to fix foreign key errors was to delete the table and let the create new table in the backup file re-build it.

In fact with the last few test server rebuilds after install a fresh copy of phpVMS I deleted all the tables and just let import of the backup file rebuild them all.

I tried this to, but got the above errors. It seems like the problems are because the phpvms php5.5 versions add all kinds of new fields to the tables. Do you think there's a version out there for php5.5 that uses only the default tables of phpvms without adding extra stuff?

Still some errors:

when importing my old pilot table:

pgNHuJi.jpg

when I did the above to my old pilot table, but also added what you said to do in post #7 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0; before create table:

35eaPvt.jpg

when re-importing phpvms5.5 default pilot table:

KzgRiHX.jpg

A little success here! I could get both my old pilot table and the new unchanged pilot table to import...but now the pilot list shown on the webpage does not show pilots from the database @ /index.php/pilots (it's an empty list, even though in phpMyadmin it shows all pilots in the table in the old format...I guess because the fields are different?)

To get the phpvms5.5 default pilot table to import I had to delete from line 74 and down:

uOtdAPW.jpg

to get my old pilot table to import I had to add SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0; before Creat Table like you said AND delete from line 824 and down:

knEnGoc.jpg

Hmmm, can you check in your local.config.php that your database has been set right.

While you're there, can you also check this:

Find these

Config::Set('DEBUG_MODE', false);
Config::Set('DEBUG_LEVEL', 1); // 1 logs query errors, 2 logs all queries

And change them to this

Config::Set('DEBUG_MODE', true);
Config::Set('DEBUG_LEVEL', 2); // 1 logs query errors, 2 logs all queries

Once done, go to your pilots page and refresh the page to see if it's picking up any queries.

Once that's done, you can go into your core/local.config.php file and change these back to the original

Config::Set('DEBUG_MODE', false);
Config::Set('DEBUG_LEVEL', 1); // 1 logs query errors, 2 logs all queries

That should allow you to see if it is a query issue or not.

I assume you just followed the procedure above, but just making sure, have you changed any tables or columns/fields?

thanks for all the help. My database connections were fine but I don't know much about all the other settings, I'll upload a copy of my local.config.php. I tried the above changes but the pilots list did not show on the website. I didn't make any changes to the database, but since there doesn't seem to be an "official" version, each version out there are slightly different sizes like the two links I referenced in post #1, so I'm not sure if I have the best version.

my local.config.php: http://pastebin.com/vARD4r6E

[/code]

Oh, I forgot to mention, go into core/logs/logs.txt and see if anything has been recorded.

Are the pilots showing up in the admin center? Were they before you imported?

If you open up the front page of you skin and for a test put this on it (you can remove it after)

<?php
$allpilots = PilotData::getAllPilots();
foreach($allpilots as $pilot) {
echo $pilot->firstname.''.$pilot->lastname;
}

echo '<br />';
echo '<pre>';
print_r($allpilots);
echo '</pre>';
?>

Oh, I forgot to mention, go into core/logs/logs.txt and see if anything has been recorded.

Are the pilots showing up in the admin center? Were they before you imported?

If you open up the front page of you skin and for a test put this on it (you can remove it after)

Nothing is in logs. Pilots do show up in admin center. I'm not sure where to put the code you suggested, do you mean put it index.php all by itself? I tried that and got a white page. Thanks again.

Nothing is in logs. Pilots do show up in admin center. I'm not sure where to put the code you suggested, do you mean put it index.php all by itself? I tried that and got a white page. Thanks again.

Ok that's a start. Are the pilots showing in the admin center the correct pilots or the original?

In regards to that code,

If you have a skin on the newer version, place it in lib/skins/YOURSKINNAME/frontpage_main.php

If you don't have a skin on the newer version, place it in core/templates/frontpage_main.php

Please remove it after you see the results to make sure nothing weird happens in the future.

At this point, also try clearing your cache.

thanks for your help web, I decided I will unfortunately have to rent a separate server for phpvms so I can run php5.3 solely on that server. It's probably better to stick with the official release version anyways in case there ever is an update to phpvms.