Cron Job errors

KenG

After upgrading to phpvms 5.5.2 I am now getting the following errors when the Cron Job for maintenance.php is run.

<b>Notice</b>: A non well formed numeric value encountered in <b>/home/flyelite/public_html/core/common/StatsData.class.php</b> on line <b>171</b><br />

<div id="codon_crit_error"

style="font-family: 'Lucida Sans',Verdana;border:#999 1px solid;background-color:#fff;padding:20px 20px 12px 20px;">

<h1 style="font-family: verdana; font-weight:16px;font-size:18px;color:#6B001B;margin:0 0 4px 0;">An Error Was Encountered</h1>

<p style="font-size: 16px; color: #001B6B">Unauthorized access - Invalid Permissions.</p>

Line 171 computes the months since a date, not sure where the error is occurring.

Any help would be appreciated.

core/common/StatsData.class.php try and replace line 171 with this

$key_month = date('i', $start);

If that doesn't work try this

$key_month = date('MY', strtotime($start));

If that doesn't work, on the line before it can you add this

print_r($start);

Or

var_dump($start);

And post the output. NOTE: The above is a "NOTICE" so it shouldn't matter and still work so you can ignore that part, but the "Invalid Permissons" intrigues me, but it sounds like the AUTH might not be transferring if you're getting invalid permissions.

Was the script working before?

If that doesn't work try this

$key_month = date('MY', strtotime($start));

And post the output. NOTE: The above is a "NOTICE" so it shouldn't matter and still work so you can ignore that part, but the "Invalid Permissons" intrigues me, but it sounds like the AUTH might not be transferring if you're getting invalid permissions.

Was the script working before?

This one seems to have cleaned up the errors. I'll see if when it runs tonight any additional errors show up.

• 4 weeks later...

Got some of it sorted out but two cron jobs still posting errors.

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Creating default object from empty value in <b>/home/flyelite/public_html/admin/maintenance.php</b> on line <b>26</b><br />

<div id="codon_crit_error"

style="font-family: 'Lucida Sans',Verdana;border:#999 1px solid;background-color:#fff;padding:20px 20px 12px 20px;">

<h1 style="font-family: verdana; font-weight:16px;font-size:18px;color:#6B001B;margin:0 0 4px 0;">An Error Was Encountered</h1>

<p style="font-size: 16px; color: #001B6B">Unauthorized access - Invalid Permissions.</p>

<p style="font-size: 10px;"><center><a href="http://www.flyelite.net">Return to Homepage</a></p>

</div>

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Creating default object from empty value in <b>/home/flyelite/public_html/auto_awards_cron.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />

Seems in both cases it is a problem with authentication of user 0. I had a test database and I deleted it today so I will see if I am still getting user 0 errors.

I can run both scripts manually and they do just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have access to your Server CGI Scripting Area ? If so, you might find yourself able to bump back down

To PHP Version, 5.3, I've had the same errors, and have not figured out why when you upgrade, a lot of

Modules go haywire, including most of the older modules around. I've been playing around with version

Changes for sometime, Most of my purchased ones do work, but alot of the freeware ones do not.So, long

Story short, if you can bump back down as long as you have nothing installed on the Server that

Requires 5.5 or higher, be careful with this, and from the server, copy and paste your original

CGI php.ini file to notepad for backup. All your settings are there for your Server.

WARINING: THIS IS ADVANCED, IF UNSURE, THEN JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!