[SOLVED] CPU Load Issue with PIREPs

bpruett72

Hey Guys I have a weird question/issue.

I am building a new VA website. I have installed the phpvms5.5x and I am using php 5.3. What is happening is that when i went to add a manual pirep to the system to test a function i was working on, at first I got the standard error that basically means you need to fix the php.ini to 128mb. I did that and that solved one issue. Now the issue, is that when I try to run a manual pirep, the system cpu load goes to 88%. The same happens when I try to edit a pirep. I am moving to a larger server to help with the issue, but I want to make sure that down the road I do not have any more issues. Does anyone know what script is causing such a drain or is this normal.

Other data of interest

my database contains:

I have 37,602 airports loaded

I have 156 aircraft loaded

I have 1900 schedules loaded.

I am at CodeBlueHost. I did not notice these issues on my old VA that was hosted at TFDi Design. This is what the host found:

Upon investigating the potential issue(s) you may be occuring. The following error was found;

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: File name is longer than the maximum allowed path length on this platform (4096):

The phpvms forums recommended populating the database, which I already had done, so this was confusing to me.

Hopefully there is enough info here to make sense.

Edited by bpruett72

Actually, Ryan from Zumeweb got me the answer. I was using the airport database from simpilot group in the main airport database. Something in that file was causing an error that was killing the system resources (CPU Usage). I deleted the list, cut it down quite a bit and uploaded it again. Problem solved.

To try to answer Nabeel's question as to what I was encountering; the original problem was discovered during an attempt to file a manual pirep to test an arrivals board. It also showed up if I tried to edit a pirep. the CPU Usage went nuclear on me and the site would lock up.