ACARS and phpVMS

TAV1702

Just curious,

Do you all have support for ALL versions of flight simulators such as X-plane , Prepar3D and FSX Steam on your ACRS devices? And if so, what ACARS devices do you use on your site so not to exclude any simmers?

I ask because I am in charge of building a new airline and Im not sure which way to go. I know one ACARS in particular only supports FSX and FS9. That is certainly a no go as far as I am concerned.

SmartCars? Kinda of hard for a start up VA to pay that much for a script when not knowing if their airline is ever going to take off or not. And Im not sure if SmartCars supports all those Simulators anyhow (??). **EDIT** Ok I went and looked and it does support all but at $70.

My post is to not bash or belittle anyone's products or services but just to get a general idea if you can support all those simulators and if so how. SIMACARS (see below) but that leaves me with VAM only as an option for the airline. And really as I sit, that is not a viable option at this time. it is to new and lacks way to much.

I appreciate your time today.

Ray

P.S.

SIMACARS

A free ACARS for FS2004, FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane

Too bad he won't code it or has any plans to make it work with phpVMS.

Edited by TAV1702

• Moderators

I think all simulators use UIPC and as far as I know kACARS_FREE was working with x-plane on our site, so as long as any ACARS support either FSUIPC or XUIPC your should be fine using them with all platforms unless Prepar3D uses some other UIPC.

Thanks for chiming in there parkho. Much appreciated chief. I have a gentleman with X-Plane and another with P3D that is going to do some testing for me today. Got them lined up and ready to roll.

I got thinking about P3d last night after I posted here and all it is is a glorified FSX version so it should be good to go.

• 4 weeks later...