Downloads

tdohrer

Hello,

I am having an issue with my downloads page in my pilot center. It wont pop up with the download. I can download it from the admin side. My developer has been able to download it twice and i cant figure out what would be causing this on my end. Attached is a pic of my downloads page. Could it be a browser setting or computer? I cant do it with firefox or internet exploder. Any help would be great.

post-19504-0-50359400-1477948744_thumb.png

I had this issue on another site I was working on a couple years back. No matter what I did, I could not get it to pop up the download. I had to delete the java from it and just have the people click the link to manually start the download. Down and dirty fix but it worked. I never revisited the issue as I parted ways with the web owners and called it at that. Not sure if they ever fixed it or not.

Can you answer these for me:

• Browsers you tested(+ Version, if applicable) Use: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  • Are you using adblocker? Any other addons for the browser?
  • Did you use DavidClark's phpVMS 5.5.x, or the default phpVMS link you found on phpVMS.net?

If you're having the problem, and someone else is not...It probably is a compatibility issue. With Chrome, I never had this problem.

I think, i am still trying to locate where everything is. This is the files that has anything to do with my downloads in my profiles

This is from download_item.tpl

<div align="center">

<p>Your download will start in a few seconds, or <a href="<?php echo $download->link;?>">click here to manually start.</a></p>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

window.location = "<?php echo $download->link;?>";

</script>

This is from downloads.tpl

<h1>Downloads</h1>

<?php

if(!$allcategories)

{

echo 'There are no downloads available!';

return;

}

foreach($allcategories as $category)

{

?>

<p><h2><strong><?php echo $category->name?></strong></h2></p>

<ul>

<table class="table">

<thead>

<tr>

<th>Name</th>

<th>Description</th>

<th>#of time Downloads</th>

<th>Click to Download</th>

</tr>

</thead>

<tbody>

<?php

# This loops through every download available in the category

$alldownloads = DownloadData::GetDownloads($category->id);

if(!$alldownloads)

{

echo 'There are no downloads under this category';

$alldownloads = array();

}

foreach($alldownloads as $download)

{

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo $download->name?></td>

<td><?php echo $download->description?></td>

<td>Downloaded <?php echo $download->hits?> times</td>

<td><button href="4564" type="button" class="btn btn-primary waves-effect waves-light m-b-5"><font color="#eee"><a color="#eee" href="http://www.crew.aloftvirtualalliance.com/index.php/downloads/dl/<?php echo $download->id;?>">Download</a></font>

</button> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?> </tbody>

</table><br />

</ul>

<?php

}

?>

• Moderators

Check your host's php version if it's 5.5x then your phpVMS needs to be upgraded to 5.5x by Simpilot which is the most reliable version and doing that will resolve all the issues you might have. If you have already done that then check your codes with the originals here to see if there is a difference.

Edited by parkho