Airports Database

TAV1702

Just a quick query,

I know we have the nav database we can add. Question is, has anyone ever bombed their database with thousands of airports and then exported the table?

Oooo....You said "Bomb" and "Airport". Arrest this man! Just kidding. #BadJokesAboutTheTSA.

Anyways, SQL can handle a lot of rows. I've had databases going with upwards to 7,000,000 rows(Should've used MangoDB, I know) and it exported just fine. It will take a while to parse all of the rows/columns into the file format, but it'll get there eventually.

The only limitation is set by your host when it comes to PHP execution time limit. In that case, what I'd recommend doing is exporting the databases in intervals of maybe 1,000 and see if that works for you.

Edited by magicflyer
  • Like 1

When a time limit is executed on the server, I use Big Dump. It works a treat. I have used it many times. And I could just imagine how large a database could easily get with that many airports. I know when I imported the nav data I got the old ran out of memory error. I fixed it via my config file and got suspended by my host for over riding settings lol it was epic.

When a time limit is executed on the server, I use Big Dump. It works a treat. I have used it many times. And I could just imagine how large a database could easily get with that many airports. I know when I imported the nav data I got the old ran out of memory error. I fixed it via my config file and got suspended by my host for over riding settings lol it was epic.

Haha. A host that isn't capable of configuring their server to prevent users from overriding settings is probably not a host you want to be in, anyways. Trust me. Hope you got the problem figured out though.

Edited by magicflyer

Well what it amounts to is it is a guy I knew who had a buddy and together they hosted sites. Fine with me. My buddy was ok with what I did. His partner was not. Fair do's. They are decent guys who went on the honor system in a world of today where honor is very rare anymore. For example: me and over riding their settings. lol

I been with another guy now for 6 years or so and never had a day of downtime or anything. if I need a setting set, he does it for me. At absolutely no sot to me but 4 hours of maintenance on his website per month.

But anyways ...... I might get bored one day and just start jamming the database full of airports. ;-)