Staff Application v2.0

TAV1702

As per this thread: http://forum.phpvms....pplication-v10/ I grabbed a copy of this module from Chase and been working on it tonight.

What I have done is the following:

1. Converted it to work with the newer .php template system. Simpilot version compatible.
  2. Dropped the template files in a folder instead of leaving them to fall in the default templates folder.
  3. Fixed the emailer script to show the subject, pilots name, pilot id, all 3 message areas and the position being applied for. (Email needs styling)

At this point in time, I have not touched the .tpl version of this module nor do I plan on it for right now. We need to move forward not backwards.

Also at this point in time, there is no options in the admin panel. I am still figuring that all out. So for now, any job positions that you want available for people to apply for has to be edited by hard code in the application_form.php file.

The styling is basic phpVMS styling. The images shown do NOT reflect that of this module.

You can grab this at my Github https://github.com/M...Application-php

A word of caution, the tpl version is on my Github but is not useable really. All the other repos on my Github are junk so please ignore my mess.

I can not take requests for this module as my coding skills are not good. I am lucky to get where I got today with this one. I will work on the admin side of things soon.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not lay any claim to this mod. It is Chase Morgan creation. I only updated it a bit. Please be kind and leave all his original info intact in the files.

post-308-0-53311400-1478916564_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-13808000-1478916908_thumb.jpg

Edited by TAV1702

I just added a page redirect from the success sent page.

Reason is, after a form was submitted successfully, a user could sit there and hit refresh all day and spam your inbox with thousands of emails. Not any more.

In the application_sent.php page, there are 2 page redirects that you may need to edit to fit your website needs. Please double check this before asking for help because this is the first place I will send you to anyhow. :P Page redirects do not work on all platforms or browsers but this that I used is cross browser compatible as well as java or no java just in case. it is W3C compliant as well. Where it says content=5, this is how many seconds it will sit on that page before the redirect. to increase or decrease this time, adjust that number accordingly to fit your website needs.

Edited by TAV1702

• 1 month later...

Hmm that is kind of odd. This module has no admin controls at all nor does it do anything at all with the vStaffList. All it is  is a glorified html drop down menu and email form.

is this vStaff module you have payware or a freeware module on this site?

Ahh I just saw you said it was the wrong place. You had me wondering for a minute  lol. As I said this is just a glorified drop down html menu

Edited by TAV1702

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2016 at 1:09 PM, TAV1702 said:

Hmm that is kind of odd. This module has no admin controls at all nor does it do anything at all with the vStaffList. All it is  is a glorified html drop down menu and email form.

is this vStaff module you have payware or a freeware module on this site?

Ahh I just saw you said it was the wrong place. You had me wondering for a minute  lol. As I said this is just a glorified drop down html menu

Hi I am trying to add the code to a page I have all of it installed ect etc, however I cannot get the page to show up on the top of the bar where all my other pages go? Could you tell me where i can edit in the actual page layout?

Should be in the core/templates/application folder or something like that. it is the 2 php files in that folder, I believe. I have not looked at this file in a month or so at least. Try that and in the mean time I will go look at my files

**EDIT**

Wait, are you trying to get the link to show up in the site navigation? Is that what you are trying to do? If so that is in core/templates/core_navigation.php

Edited by TAV1702
Corrected info

6 hours ago, TAV1702 said:

Should be in the core/templates/application folder or something like that. it is the 2 php files in that folder, I believe. I have not looked at this file in a month or so at least. Try that and in the mean time I will go look at my files

**EDIT**

Wait, are you trying to get the link to show up in the site navigation? Is that what you are trying to do? If so that is in core/templates/core_navigation.php

Yes that was it thank you!! Another question, is there a way to get rid of the staff application text and just have the application itself show up instead of click on the page then clicking staff application then filling out the application?

On 1/24/2017 at 5:54 AM, treygeboy said:

Yes that was it thank you!! Another question, is there a way to get rid of the staff application text and just have the application itself show up instead of click on the page then clicking staff application then filling out the application?

Sorry for so long between replies. I have been majorly busy lately. No time for VA stuff sadly enough. I am trying to follow what you are asking but not sure if I know for certain what you are asking for. Can you explain in further details?

Are you referring to the area I circled in red? I didnt think I included that in the module. if that is infact it, you will need to remove the text in the .php file in the skins folder. I am sorry I can not go look right now. Was just stopping by for a quick look and then gone again.

Let me know if this is it. I will try to stop back by tonight or tomorrow and see if you replied.

Screenshot_54.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

By looking at this image, I have no clue where to even look. The image is very large and vague. Any chance you can show me a shot of the entire page? Obscure the personal info if any if you so choose. My apologies on this chief. I just can not figure out where this is located. I am looking at my website now for reference.

And yeah, ti takes me forever to reply now days. Kids and life has me so dang busy I got retired from my own VA website. :wacko:

1 hour ago, TAV1702 said:

By looking at this image, I have no clue where to even look. The image is very large and vague. Any chance you can show me a shot of the entire page? Obscure the personal info if any if you so choose. My apologies on this chief. I just can not figure out where this is located. I am looking at my website now for reference.

And yeah, ti takes me forever to reply now days. Kids and life has me so dang busy I got retired from my own VA website. :wacko:

The one circled is the monkeys to the actual application. Is there any way to skip that part. And Haha I totally understand. 

Screenshot_2017-02-15-20-27-50.jpg

Hey chief, I am having an issue following where this might be. I sincerely apologize. I can never see the big picture in life. If you can, create a demo account and PM me login details so I can see it in action. Once I see it, I can surely tell you how to fix it. I got some rare down time so the sooner you can hit me with the info the sooner I can get on it for you. I would like to help resolve. B)

Here is a screenshot of mine in action. I click the link to go to the application and there is nothing in between the link and the app. Everything above the application can easily be removed. As you can se, mine looks nothing like yours does I don't think , is why I am a bit confused. So please do PM me a login detail of a demo account so I can give it a look and see what is going on.

UEoLstI.jpg

Have a great night.

Ray

Edited by TAV1702
added image

• Administrators

Hey Ray

In looking briefly at his site, it seems that the large black 'Staff Application' is his page title and the smaller blue 'Staff Application.' is a link. Note the period after the blue one - not that I know why the period is there. Could what he's seeing be due to the skin used???

I noticed the title and link after viewing a few of the pages on his site that can be accessed without logging in.

7 hours ago, TAV1702 said:

Hey chief, I am having an issue following where this might be. I sincerely apologize. I can never see the big picture in life. If you can, create a demo account and PM me login details so I can see it in action. Once I see it, I can surely tell you how to fix it. I got some rare down time so the sooner you can hit me with the info the sooner I can get on it for you. I would like to help resolve. B)

Here is a screenshot of mine in action. I click the link to go to the application and there is nothing in between the link and the app. Everything above the application can easily be removed. As you can se, mine looks nothing like yours does I don't think , is why I am a bit confused. So please do PM me a login detail of a demo account so I can give it a look and see what is going on.

UEoLstI.jpg

Have a great night.

Ray

Yes another guy responded as well but here is a demo account.

Username: ATC0033

Password:atc123

If we get this working I might ask for some more help on the drop down boxes, and other stuff to make mine more appealing because right now my application does not look as nice with the boxes around it etc. Hope this helps

• Like 1

Ohh ok I see. that is an easy fix. The link in the menu is wrong. it is heading to pages/staffapplication. that is a addon page created in the acp. We really dont need to do that. That essentially trumps the module itself.

it needs to be pointed something like this:

<a href="<?php echo url('/Application'); ?>">Application</a>

Obviously the word Application After the link an d before the close can be anything from application,  pilot application, employment etc etc

1 minute ago, TAV1702 said:

Ohh ok I see. that is an easy fix. The link in the menu is wrong. it is heading to pages/staffapplication. that is a addon page created in the acp. We really dont need to do that. That essentially trumps the module itself.

it needs to be pointed something like this:

<a href="<?php echo url('/Application'); ?>">Application</a>

Obviously the word Application After the link an d before the close can be anything from application,  pilot application, employment etc etc

Ok so all I have to do is just put the link that the module came with... instead of creating a new page?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, treygeboy said:

If we get this working I might ask for some more help on the drop down boxes, and other stuff to make mine more appealing because right now my application does not look as nice with the boxes around it etc. Hope this helps

As far as skinning the dropdowns and what nots go, that you may need to head over to the skinning threads and ask there. I actually did not create this module. All I did was tweak it some and make it work. I just wish to make the mail function better but with phpVMS 3 coming out, there is no point in modifying this module any more really.

I can try to help with drop downs. Can not make any guarantees or promises.

2 minutes ago, treygeboy said:

Ok so all I have to do is just put the link that the module came with... instead of creating a new page?

yep, that is correct. use the link I provided and you should be good to go. You don't need that extra page created in the admin panel

And if we can, we need to set you up with a div for your page  and css to limit the width. as it is now that page goes coast to coast.

Edited by TAV1702
Further info

13 hours ago, TAV1702 said:

yep, that is correct. use the link I provided and you should be good to go. You don't need that extra page created in the admin panel

And if we can, we need to set you up with a div for your page  and css to limit the width. as it is now that page goes coast to coast.

Yes please I need help... I was going to ask u for help as well :)

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 8:16 AM, treygeboy said:

Yes please I need help... I was going to ask u for help as well :)

I sure will try my best to help if able. In the mean time  would seek an alternative just in case. I have been swamped since we talked on here last and its not looking good for the rest of this week for me at bare minimum. :wacko: Good for the bank account but nothing else.

I'll try to dig up some code and share it before tomorrow afternoon and see if it works for you if you have not already fixed the width issue.

4 hours ago, TAV1702 said:

I sure will try my best to help if able. In the mean time  would seek an alternative just in case. I have been swamped since we talked on here last and its not looking good for the rest of this week for me at bare minimum. :wacko: Good for the bank account but nothing else.

I'll try to dig up some code and share it before tomorrow afternoon and see if it works for you if you have not already fixed the width issue.

Nope have not thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 7:05 AM, treygeboy said:

Nope have not thank you

Sorry man. I actually have nothing to day today. Let me see if I can dig something up for you today.

How confident are you in adding to your css files and php files? That is the first thing I might need to know so I can tell you how to do it.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2017 at 5:59 PM, TAV1702 said:

Sorry man. I actually have nothing to day today. Let me see if I can dig something up for you today.

How confident are you in adding to your css files and php files? That is the first thing I might need to know so I can tell you how to do it.

Good Sorry for the very late delay very busy

On 4/7/2017 at 11:02 AM, treygeboy said:

Good Sorry for the very late delay very busy

Oh I really do understand. I am loaded right now. I just started back to school yet again and am working on opening up a new business. Permits, licenses, insurance, etc etc..... good times! Very trying times for me to say the least. So trying I have not flown a flight in a month or more and even got retired from my own va website.

4 hours ago, TAV1702 said:

Oh I really do understand. I am loaded right now. I just started back to school yet again and am working on opening up a new business. Permits, licenses, insurance, etc etc..... good times! Very trying times for me to say the least. So trying I have not flown a flight in a month or more and even got retired from my own va website.

Haha ok just let me know when you have time agian. :)