Simple InstantWeather Module

Karamellwuerfel

• 2 months later...

Hi @djtiger76,

you can use the option to show the weather on a special airport. Get the pilot's hub and insert it in the function.

logged in pilot's hub: 

Auth::$pilot->hub

If you guys give me features you like fo this module, I can write a version 2.0 in the next days and give it to you with that requests :-)

features (?):

• display the weather on specific airport
  • display weather on hub of pilot
  • display weather inline, not only on specific url

anything else?

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 10:31 AM, Karamellwuerfel said:

Hey guys! I've made a Weather module that shows you real time and

instant weather informations of the current airport where the logged in pilot is.

ZVFcPtc.png

DEMO VIDEO: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx0HCaW-a5I

#########INSTALLATION#########

1. Copy the "core/modules/InstantWeather"-folder into your "core/modules"-folder of your va
2. Copy the "core/templates/instantweather"-folder into your "core/templates"-folder of your va

3. To show the module in the navigation: <li><a href="<?php echo url('/instantweather'); ?>">InstantWeather</a></li>

USE INFORMATION ON OTHER PAGES (v 1.9) --> More on github project README.md

Use MainController::Run to display all different information of the table on other pages. Available functions:

<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'metar'); ?>        // example: EDDS 070920Z 26004KT 230V300 9999 FEW012 SCT025 BKN068 18/16 Q1015 NOSIG
<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'pressure'); ?>     // example: 982 mbar
<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'wind_speed'); ?>   // example: 4 kts
<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'wind_degrees'); ?> // example: 260°
<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'temperature'); ?>  // example: 18.0 °C
<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'dewpoint'); ?>     // example: 16.0 °C
<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'visibility'); ?>   // example: 6.21 mile

<?php MainController::Run('InstantWeather', 'skycondition'); ?> 
/* example: Sky condition level 1 FEW 1200 ft 
            Sky condition level 2 SCT 2500 ft (Scattered)
            Sky condition level 3 BKN 6800 ft (Broken)
*/

DOWNLOAD 

(Tested on PHPVMS Version 2.1.936)

Would this be adaptable to a WP site. I would like to be able to weather on my front end.