Attempting to Install phpVMS, "TemplateSet.class.php on line 231" Errorr [SOLVED]

Chriger

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm trying to install phpVMS 5.5.2 on my website, which is currently running PHP version 5.6. I have run the PHP Checker: 

Install Check 

phpVMS Build Number: simpilot 5.5.2 

Checking PHP version
[OK] PHP version is 5.6.29.x

ASP Tags
[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...
[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...
[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

When I go to the default directory, it returns this: 

Notice: The template file "/home/yand/public_html/flight//lib/skins/crystal/header.php" doesn't exist in /home/coreyand/public_html/flight/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 231

Welcome to phpVMS!

Posted by phpVMS Installer on 01/14/2017

Thanks for installing and using phpVMS!
Check out the docs for help and information on getting started on your VA.

This is just a starter skin - customize yours completely. This is just a basic, barebones example of what a skin is and how it works. Check out the crystal folder in the lib/skins directory. Make your own copy and fiddle around. For help, check out the forum, and skinning docs. Also, be sure to check out the skinning tutorials for a quick primer. The forums are also filled with plenty of helpful people for any questions you may have.

Good luck!

Activity Feed

LXA0001 has just joined, welcome aboard! View Profile

Recent Reports

No reports have been filed

Newest Pilots

LXA0001 

Users Online

There have been 0 user(s), and 0 guest(s) online in the past 20 minutes.

Notice: The template file "/home/yand/public_html/flight//lib/skins/crystal/footer.php" doesn't exist in /home/coreyand/public_html/flight/core/classes/TemplateSet.class.php on line 231

Going to /admin returns this: 

Warning: opendir(/home/yand/public_htl/flight//admin/modules): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/coreyand/public_html/flight/core/classes/MainController.class.php on line 68

Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/coreyand/public_html/flight/core/classes/MainController.class.php on line 70

Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/coreyand/public_html/flight/core/classes/MainController.class.php on line 70

I have tried googling at least 10 other support threads or websites, with no results in solving to fix this. Does anyone here have any suggestions? I have attempted reinstalling this 5-6 times now. 

Edited by Chriger

Sure,

URL is http://flight.coreyandrews.ca

My concern is " /home/yand/flight//lib/skins/crystal/header.php " isnt a valid directory, and I don't know where the website is pulling this URL from. Also, I dont know if the double // has any impact either. But again, I dont know where it pulls this URL, so I can't even correct it, if thats the issue. 

Edited by Chriger

phpvms_5.5.x\core\codeon.config removes part of my directory name /home/"core"yand/... and makes it /home/yand/... 

define('DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
define('SITE_ROOT', str_replace('core', '', dirname(__FILE__)));
define('CORE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__) );

So I am not sure if there is a fix, or if this is the first time this issue has arisen. There is also core in the SQL name as well.

I have tried installing this on the exact same server, but with a different cpanel account/different domain, and had no problems. So I'm assuming this has to do with my cpanel account name.

Edited by Chriger

• Administrators

I think there is a URL issue. In each notice or warning it shows on the ---

First line: /home/yand/public.......

Second line: /home/coreyand/public.....

What's the base URL set to in local.config.php? As Servetas stated, a url to your site may be useful.

I relocated the folder inside the Public_HTML, new location is http://coreyandrews.ca/flight.

Listed in local.config.php define('SITE_URL', 'http://coreyandrews.ca/flight');

All of files and folders, admin, core, lib, +files are located in /flight... So /flight/admin or /flight/core... 

Error message remains... :/

Edited by Chriger

• Administrators

Certainly strange.....

I'm assuming all your VA stuff is going to be under '.../flight/'. If that's the case, try a totally new install of phpVMS and place all the files/folders in '...flight/phpvms/'. create a new DB and install. Don't change anything or copy anything from the present 'errored' install until after you report back here. List any errors, etc you may get. Maybe we can get a clue from there.

I'm not sure putting phpVMS in the 'phpvms' folder will solve anything, but may be worth a try. Is there anything else in the '.../flght/' folder other than phpVMS files/folders?

EDIT:

Verify the default 'crystal' skin is located in '.../lib/skins/' - NOT '.../core/lib/skins/'.

Edited by ProAvia

Capture 1 - Fresh Install - Coreyandrews.ca/flight/phpvms

Capture 2 - Fresh Install - Coreyandrews.ca/flight/phpvms/install/checkinstall.php

Capture 3 - Installing 

Capture 4 - After Install - Coreyandrews.ca/flight/phpvms

Capture 5 - Directory Layout

P.S. Sorry I accidently deleted my old setup, I totally misread your comment! Oops... 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Edit: At the end of the day, I still really think that because my cpanel account for hosting: coreyand, it will continue to remove "core", and then it probably screws up the installation somewhere. I just don't know, because I'm not well versed with how this whole platform was made. As you can see, the URLs after a fresh install are wrong again. But the URL is correct in the local.config.php file. 

Edited by Chriger

• Administrators

Certainly weird.

My intent on a new install was to be sure we were all on the same page... virgin, unedited install.

The errors you see on the check install page are very similar to what I saw on mine. I think the check install routine and/or the checksums aren't up to date - not in your install, just that they were never updated. See the reference to '.tpl' files?

I think you're right about the 'coreyand' and 'core' issue. Hopefully someone with more knowlege comes along soon with a possible solution.

• Administrators

This is just a wild a$$ guess - 

In '/core/codon.config.php', comment out the 'define ('SITE_ROOT.........' line. Below it, enter:

define ('SITE_ROOT', str_replace('phpvms/core', 'phpvms', dirname(__FILE__)));

OR

define ('SITE_ROOT', str_replace('phpvms'DS.'core', 'phpvms', dirname(__FILE__)));

OR

Some other combination of the above.

I have absolutely NO CLUE if this will work, but may be worth a try.

Edited by ProAvia

Solution:

In the codon.config.php file located in /core, edit lines 45-47.

Old

Replace: (If you have it in a directory folder, www.airline.com/airline).

Edit --> '/Add your directory name here' and make it '/airline/' or whatever your directory is called. 

define('SITE_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/Add your directory name here/' );

Replace: (If you have it in your main www(public_html) directory. 

define('SITE_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '' );

This should solve any issues with having the word "core" in your URL, directory name, or cpanel account name. 

Edited by Chriger

• 3 years later...
On 1/23/2017 at 6:30 AM, Chriger said:

Solution:

In the codon.config.php file located in /core, edit lines 45-47.

Old

Edit --> '/Add your directory name here' and make it '/airline/' or whatever your directory is called. 

define('SITE_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/Add your directory name here/' );

Replace: (If you have it in your main www(public_html) directory. 

define('SITE_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '' );

This should solve any issues with having the word "core" in your URL, directory name, or cpanel account name. 

Mannnnnnnnnnnn help me out here... i must be a complete dunce. WHAT? I literally have the same issues as you. Correct version of phpvms and everything. 

If u have what?  sooo www.silverairwaysvirtual.com/whatairline? you mean "public_html" ? or what it's called in the cpanel? I've been at this for sometime now so I'm a little frustrated here apologies in advance, it's been years since getting back into this all over again