Schedule Data through kACARs not showing up.

Wood

Hi again 

Just setting this up again and came across this issue last night and I'm banging my head to figure out why it's just not working. First sorry if this is been posted before but I been searching for this issue and haven't come across anything.

I've been setting up Flight schedules using two different airlines. With the first schedule of flights setup and complete for airline number 1 can be seen in both the flight schedule on the website and within the Kacars program when going to get flight info and bid. However airline number 2 is 50% finished with over 15 flights posted as on now. The issue is that Scheduled Flights for pilot bidding can be seen on the website and under view flight schedule, pilot briefing and pilots are able to bid the flights through the website. The issue I'm seeing right now is when pilots log onto the kACARS program and select the airline 2 at the airport it based out of ... nothing shows up and no flights are visible. 

Any suggestion on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

wood 

• Administrators

Are the pilots using tbe airline code with the correct flight number?

As an example - Airline Alpha has the code AL and flight number 1000, Airline Bravo has the code BR and flight number 2000. In kACARS the pilot would need to enter AL1000 for Alpha Airline or BR2000 for Bravo Airline. If they entered AL2000, they will get a flight not found.

The pilots are logged into kACARs with the login id when they registered. As far as I can see after trying to log into as you indicated does not work. 

example: all pilots logins id's are as follows. 

there are for airlines: 

CV3= Virtual Carrier Wing Three (All members are assigned to this airline code) so example: login should be say CV30001. If the members tries to log into kacars with that  reference (CV3) to their number then they can not login. If they take the CV3 off and just use 0001 then they can login. 

FRS=VFA-106 FRS

SCC= charter which we don't use 

VT7= Training Squadron 7

I tried to login as each airline reference and the only ones that allow me to login as are FRS and SCC. However, even logging in with those two id's still does not let me view any flights in the schedule tab on Kacars. The only flights I see are the ones out of Meridian Nas for VFT. Those flights I can see when logged in with 0001, or FRS001 or SCC001

I hope I'm making sense here. 

Thanks again for your help

Wood 

God I'm a bonehead. I figured the problem out. It was having to do with the rank that was set to allow the individual to be able to fly that type of aircraft.

so there is another question please and sorry if it is tagged with this post but it is tied to it. We have been using Kacars for the past few years and  unfortunately we lot the database for pilots flight hours and their rank structure. I know that through the acars we are allowed to transfer hours but somehow they do not add to the total which the rank is adjusted to. Is there away to adjust this rank and flight hrs without having to start over again.

Wood  

• Administrators

Restricted rank - yup, that'll do it!

You can use the same DB with all the original records in it. I did this - after tweaking my new 5.5.2 install to my needs. I probably made it harder on myself than necessary in the process of all this, but I took my 5.5.2 install live last night and everything appears to work as it should.

Using the original DB allowed me to keep all data from the 2.1.x install.

Of course, I installed 5.5.2 on the side and tweaked/tested it with all the modules I use first. Then I converted over on my live site, so the pilots weren't waiting for me to finish. Took me several weeks in my spare time. Was a pain, but very do-able with the outstanding help I received from members here. :D

Edited by ProAvia