Converting from 2.1.x to 5.5.2

ProAvia

• Administrators

My conversion from 2.1.x to 5.5.2 is mostly complete - I'm just trying to clean up a few items.

What is the purpose of following statement? - <?php if(!defined('IN_PHPVMS') && IN_PHPVMS !== true) { die(); } ?>

I see it in all the 5.5.2 default template folder php files and those of some updated Modules template files. I think it has something to do with security and/or theft of file content. Am I close?

• If I'm using any modules or custom template file from my 2.1.x install, should I add the statement to the top of all of those template files?
  • Including those in my skins folder?
  • Including those in 'admin/templates'?
  • Should it be in any other files elsewhere in the install?
  • Are there any downsides to including it in the older modules? (I guess worst case is the 'blank page' issue I read about??)
  • Anything else I should know about this?

Thanks! Really appreciated all the help I've gotten here and for you all putting up with my (mostly) newbie questions! :huh: I've really learned quite a bit through the conversion '"experience".

Edited by ProAvia
Cause I can't spell

I believe that line is another security implementation

1. If you would like, but it's not necessary to run
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Basically anything you've changed
  5. Basically yeah, the blank white page
  6. Not really

Bottom line is that it is not required to operate, but it'd be good to have just in case. Still not sure if it's fully functional as of yet.

• Like 1