phpVMS Hosting Now Available!

Nabeel

• Administrators

Hi all,

phpVMS Hosting is now available - it's going to be through my other site, called 'fivedev':

http://www.fivedev.net/hosting

I've spent alot of time tuning this server, and I've set a cap on clients, then I will buy another, to keep it speedy for everyone who's on there. It's in Washington DC, with low pings to everyone. I've priced two plans:

1. Standard - 15GB Space, 50GB Bandwidth
    • $10/monthly, or $100/year
    • £6.68/monthly, or £66.77/year
    • €7.42/monthly, or €74.23/year

[*]Mini - 8GB Space, 25GB Bandwidth

• $7/monthly, or $84/year
  • £4.67/monthly, or £56.08/year
  • €5.20/monthly, or €62.36/year

While it might not be "unlimited" as some hosts have (which they're really not), you have to remember - they cram as many clients onto an underpowered server. This server is specifically tuned for PHP and MySQL applications, and to keep your site going as fast as possible, and I'll cap the number of clients depending on performance. In fact, it's a secondary API server, because it's just so damn fast :)

There are more details in the link above, as well as the sign up link. I'm accepting Paypal and you can also pay by check! Spread the word!

Cheers!

Nabeel

• Like 2

• 7 years later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, flyalaska said:

Bummer, I need get a host for a few months to get my site ready for php7.

If you have command shell experience you can get a dedicated vps up and going for $5 a month, use code DOCS10 to get more credit when you sign up.

I have experience with Linode  and they can provide a dev box to work on, you do have to install everything but there are guides to get you going easily, you can deploy install sql server php 7.1 and apache or what ever you like in under 30 minutes. That is what i did to try and figure out phpv2.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:44 PM, flyalaska said:

I was originally going to put my experiment with a clone of my site on v2. To get that to work on php7. I may be doing it wrong.

if you like to try it , I will make you a space available on my server I am running php5.3 and all versions to php 7.2, all you would have to do change the version is modify the htaccess  file, it is run on a vps, centos os  with apache and nginx for the caching server and MariaDB. 

Edited by Capri

• Administrators
On 1/4/2018 at 12:41 PM, mark1million said:

If you have command shell experience you can get a dedicated vps up and going for $5 a month, use code DOCS10 to get more credit when you sign up.

I have experience with Linode  and they can provide a dev box to work on, you do have to install everything but there are guides to get you going easily, you can deploy install sql server php 7.1 and apache or what ever you like in under 30 minutes. That is what i did to try and figure out phpv2.

Linode is great. It's where this site is hosted. For small dev stuff, digitalocean is a good bet as well

I have tried digital ocean and had trouble with up time and speed. I have made the switch to Vultr and have several servers running without any issues. Nabeel, I f you would like a free space for testing, I will send you the info and all you would need is a name to make it work ( free will work) , I am also running  name servers. 

I am the CTO for vnorthwest.com, .net, .us and skyteamvirtual.xyz ( new virtual airline I am putting together, just limited on time at the moment.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Capri said:

I have tried digital ocean and had trouble with up time and speed. I have made the switch to Vultr and have several servers running without any issues. Nabeel, I f you would like a free space for testing, I will send you the info and all you would need is a name to make it work ( free will work) , I am also running  name servers. 

I am the CTO for vnorthwest.com, .net, .us and skyteamvirtual.xyz ( new virtual airline I am putting together, just limited on time at the moment.

I've heard good things about vultr but haven't tried it out myself. Thanks for your offer, though. I've got more than enough hosting places lol