Website

MooneyPilot99

Hello guys,

I'm simply a novice when it comes to coding, I would like some help with a few things on my website, that being: 

1. The frontpage design and layout.

2. Thing to have implemented on the front page

3. Metar/TAF request script

If anyone would be willing to volunteer to help me out with any of these things, it would be greatly appreciated and credit will be given where applicable, if interested, kindly send me a PM.

I'm looking to get some more functionality out of the home page, for example, I have seen on some websites, a "pilot of the month" section, I've commonly seen also, latest PIREP's, XX number of flights currently flown, and of course latest news, I want to have a mission statement as well, and maybe a monthly statistics section. My goal is to get the home page as functional as the rest of the website.

12 hours ago, Aedwards521 said:

I'm looking to get some more functionality out of the home page, for example, I have seen on some websites, a "pilot of the month" section, I've commonly seen also, latest PIREP's, XX number of flights currently flown, and of course latest news, I want to have a mission statement as well, and maybe a monthly statistics section. My goal is to get the home page as functional as the rest of the website.

Aedwards521,

With the new site addition for phpvms3 a lot of the documentation has been taken away. I have pm'd simpilot to see if those pages can be re-activated as it will greatly increase your ability to learn and extend the phpvms system. 

6 hours ago, Aedwards521 said:

Here are a few links: they are not the documentation I wanted to show you but may get you started in the right direction. I don't have any formal web development training however by just messing around I've learned a whole lot about how to develop for phpVMS.

https://forum.phpvms.net/article/developers-guides/code-layout-and-coding-conventions-r17/