phpVMS Legacy support for PHP 7

Nabeel

• Administrators

Hi guys... PHP 5.x series has been deprecated as we all know, and with cPanel now dropping support as of Jan 2018, that is going to put a lot into a bind. So I've been working on bringing up that compatibility level. First step is making sure that everything is backwards compatible, so it would be great if people can test and report back issues. I recommend creating a duplicate of your site, and applying updates. I'm trying to make as few changes as possible for now to make diffs easier. The branch is here:

https://github.com/nabeelio/phpvms/tree/php70

It'll be easier to just keep updates and notes to this thread here. Thanks!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hello Nabeel,

I just installed it on my site and at the "Finish" button I got the following error:

• Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefrompng() in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/common/PilotData.class.php:998 Stack trace: #0 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/common/RegistrationData.class.php(122): PilotData::generateSignature(1) #1 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/Installer.class.php(245): RegistrationData::AddUser(Array) #2 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/install.php(93): Installer::SiteSetup() #3 {main} thrown in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/common/PilotData.class.php on line 998

I'll try to see if I can fix it.

Cheers

Edited by Parkho

• Moderators

Aha! That might be it cause a while ago I was trying to install phpVMS on php 7 but the built-in functions wouldn't work, so I had to call my host and they said they fixed it for me which they did. I think I'm gonna have to call them back since I don't think I have access to enable GD myself. I'll let u know.

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Nabeel said:

Thanks for the update!

Hi, I tried again and got the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_get_server_info() in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/Installer.class.php:365 Stack trace: #0 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/install.php(97): Installer::RegisterInstall('2.1.936\n') #1 {main} thrown in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/Installer.class.php on line 365

Could it be again the missing built-in function on my server?

Thanks

Update: I ignored the error and opened the site it comes up okay but hitting "Admin Center" will give me the following error on "Dashboard" page:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/classes/CodonWebService.class.php:58 Stack trace: #0 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/admin/modules/Dashboard/Dashboard.php(91): CodonWebService->__construct() #1 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/admin/modules/Dashboard/Dashboard.php(37): Dashboard->CheckForUpdates() #2 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/classes/MainController.class.php(218): Dashboard->index() #3 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/admin/index.php(82): MainController::RunAllActions() #4 {main} thrown in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/classes/CodonWebService.class.php on line 58

Edited by Parkho

• Moderators

Okay! The first error is fixed by changing " mysql_get_server_info() " to " mysqli_get_server_info()" in " Installer.class.php " line 365.

The second error on Dashboard I think is again missing built-in function on my server but other than that, so far so good!.

Cheers

Edited by Parkho

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Thanks for the update!

A small bug has been fixed. During the installation when KJFK info is inserted into airports table "HUB" section must be 'true' otherwise after installation the "pilots" page wouldn't show up. I changed and fixed it and now it's okay. Also, I will have to change the file extension from ".tpl" to ".php" if you agree.

Cheers

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Parkho said:

Hi, I tried again and got the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_get_server_info() in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/Installer.class.php:365 Stack trace: #0 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/install.php(97): Installer::RegisterInstall('2.1.936\n') #1 {main} thrown in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/install/Installer.class.php on line 365

Could it be again the missing built-in function on my server?

Thanks

Update: I ignored the error and opened the site it comes up okay but hitting "Admin Center" will give me the following error on "Dashboard" page:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/classes/CodonWebService.class.php:58 Stack trace: #0 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/admin/modules/Dashboard/Dashboard.php(91): CodonWebService->__construct() #1 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/admin/modules/Dashboard/Dashboard.php(37): Dashboard->CheckForUpdates() #2 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/classes/MainController.class.php(218): Dashboard->index() #3 /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/admin/index.php(82): MainController::RunAllActions() #4 {main} thrown in /home/parkhoi1/public_html/test.parkho.ir/core/classes/CodonWebService.class.php on line 58

I'll look at the first error, but the 2nd one, you need to the curl extension to be enabled (same as GD)

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Nabeel said:

I'll look at the first error, but the 2nd one, you need to the curl extension to be enabled (same as GD)

Yes. I sent a request for the host to enable that.The system is now up and running and so far has no problems. One thing that is still not working is "Airport Look Up". I'm still trying to fix that. I added "http://api.vacentral.net/" but still no go. I think it's the "js" file.

P.S: Second error has been resolved.

Edited by Parkho

• Moderators
On 3/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, Nabeel said:

Hi, I can confirm that the system is up and running on PHP 7 and so far has no issues until further notice. Good Job. :D

P.S: The file extension has been changed from ".tpl" to ".php". All system are up and running.

Cheers

Edited by Parkho

• Administrators
On 3/4/2017 at 10:35 AM, Parkho said:

Hi, I can confirm that the system is up and running on PHP 7 and so far has no issues until further notice. Good Job. :D

P.S: The file extension has been changed from ".tpl" to ".php". All system are up and running.

Cheers

Awesome. Do you have a PHP 5.3 server? Can you test on that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Nabeel

when I install phpvms 7.0 on my NAS it shows the error below

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in

/volume1/web/phpvms70/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php:97 Stack trace: #0

/volume1/web/phpvms70/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb.class.php(193): ezDB_mysqli->connect('root', '*******', 'localhost') #1

/volume1/web/phpvms70/install/Installer.class.php(130): DB::connect('root', '******', 'phpvms', 'localhost') #2

/volume1/web/phpvms70/install/install.php(57): Installer::AddTables() #3 {main} thrown in /volume1/web/phpvms70/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 97

So how to fix it. I know little about php

Just quickly want to ask, in addition to above, I've got the 5.5.2 version running at the moment. Has anyone actually managed a database migration with these changes or have those of you, that have played with this, just done a clean install?

Seeing as V3 seems to have come to a stall, I wanted to know what kind of results people have had with this for migrations.

Thanks.

• Administrators
On 4/7/2017 at 7:31 AM, shengjm said:

Hi Nabeel

when I install phpvms 7.0 on my NAS it shows the error below

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in

So how to fix it. I know little about php

This looks like some files are missing? I'm not sure... what OS is your NAS?

13 hours ago, Brendan03 said:

Just quickly want to ask, in addition to above, I've got the 5.5.2 version running at the moment. Has anyone actually managed a database migration with these changes or have those of you, that have played with this, just done a clean install?

Seeing as V3 seems to have come to a stall, I wanted to know what kind of results people have had with this for migrations.

Thanks.

The only testing I've done is clean installs. This thread was more for help with that testing and stuff. Trying to make it backwards compatible with PHP 5.3 as well

• Administrators
On 3/21/2017 at 7:17 PM, elmoussati said:

Hi Nabeel,

I got phpvms Version simpilot 5.5.2 

This changes can work on that version mentioned above ?

Thanks,

Maybe, I haven't tested it. I'm trying to do minimal changes (except in a few places) so the diffs are easy to follow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Forgive a potentially stupid question, but how does this affect my current site.  I am running phpVMS 5.5.x from SimPilot which is a .php version whereas this version that you have here is .tpl.  Since I notice that my host still offers down to php 5.3 is this an immediate concern or do I have a while?  Also, is phpVMS 4 going to be able to successfully migrate my current database, as well as work with all addon modules?

1 hour ago, bpruett72 said:

Forgive a potentially stupid question, but how does this affect my current site.  I am running phpVMS 5.5.x from SimPilot which is a .php version whereas this version that you have here is .tpl.  Since I notice that my host still offers down to php 5.3 is this an immediate concern or do I have a while?  Also, is phpVMS 4 going to be able to successfully migrate my current database, as well as work with all addon modules?

No, keep what you've got at the moment as it is a more stable version than the .tpl version for PHP 7.0 at this time. For the foreseeable future, phpVMS is being introduced and yes, it should be able to migrate your current database. In regards to the modules, you'd have to ask Nabeel, but I'm pretty sure they won't work (at least straight out of the box anyway) due to the nature of the new framework (designed differently), and will require at the very least minimal tweaking or a complete recode. v4 will be the most up-to-date version (including PHP 7.0) at the time of its release, so it's probably wise to stay where you are currently and wait for further progress.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 6/24/2017 at 2:59 PM, bpruett72 said:

The goal is to have a migration, but modules/addons won't work, since it's a new system. Should be much more robust, though.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:41 AM, Capri said:

Hello, I am getting the following error. this is a install on php7

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /var/www/html/phpvms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysqli.class.php on line 277

You/your host needs to increase the memory allotted to PHP