Two VA's Sharing Same Pilot Table

TennShadow

Is it possible for two VA's to share the same pilot table but nothing else?  

For example,  I have VA "A" with 20 pilots and I want to create a new VA "B".  I want the pilots from VA "A" to be able to login to VA "B" using the same pilotID and password they have in VA "A"..  Other then the same pilot ID and password I want them the be completely separate.    I'm basically wanting signal sign on between the two VA's.

Thanks!

This is possible (I would think), but due to the nature of phpVMS it could prove to be a very hard task. If it was the same DB for both va's then that would be easy, just change the info, but for one pilot's table for both (might end up being easier to make them register for both).

You'd probably have to change the PilotsData.class.php and the Auth.class.php files (and any others that reference the _pilots table in a raw query, but these are usually in these data classes anyway) in order to connect to another DB first, then do the query it wants.

• Administrators

How about this? Works via a cron job to copy the pilot table from one DB to another.

https://www.sitekickr.com/blog/replicate-copy-database-table-php/

I personally haven't tried it. Found it via a Google search: https://www.google.com/#q=can+i+setup+a+cron+job+to+copy+a+database+table+to+another+location&spf=117

Edited by ProAvia