Pilot Stats on front page

mattsmith

I'm trying to get the pilots stats to show on my front page, i have added the following code to frontpage_main.php but it's not pulling the data.

<ul class="list-group">
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge"><?php echo $userinfo->totalflights?></span>Total Flights</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-default"><?php echo $userinfo->totalhours; ?></span>Total Hours</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-primary"><?php echo $userinfo->transferhours?></span>Transfer Hours</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-success"><?php echo FinanceData::FormatMoney($userinfo->totalpay) ?></span>Pay</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-warning"><?php echo $nextrank->rank?></span>Next Rank</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-warning"><?php echo ($nextrank->minhours - $pilot_hours)?></span>Hrs until Next Rank</li>
            </ul>   

Untitled.png

• Moderators
16 hours ago, mattsmith said:

I'm trying to get the pilots stats to show on my front page, i have added the following code to frontpage_main.php but it's not pulling the data.

<ul class="list-group">
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge"><?php echo $userinfo->totalflights?></span>Total Flights</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-default"><?php echo $userinfo->totalhours; ?></span>Total Hours</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-primary"><?php echo $userinfo->transferhours?></span>Transfer Hours</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-success"><?php echo FinanceData::FormatMoney($userinfo->totalpay) ?></span>Pay</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-warning"><?php echo $nextrank->rank?></span>Next Rank</li>
              <li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-warning"><?php echo ($nextrank->minhours - $pilot_hours)?></span>Hrs until Next Rank</li>
            </ul>   

Untitled.png

The best option is put these information in profile_main.

You should edit the core/modules/Frontpage/Frontpage.php

replace with this:

<?php
/**
 * phpVMS - Virtual Airline Administration Software
 * Copyright (c) 2008 Nabeel Shahzad
 * For more information, visit www.phpvms.net
 *	Forums: http://www.phpvms.net/forum
 *	Documentation: http://www.phpvms.net/docs
 * phpVMS is licenced under the following license:
 *   Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)
 *   View license.txt in the root, or visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
 * @author Nabeel Shahzad
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2008, Nabeel Shahzad
 * @link http://www.phpvms.net
 * @license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ * @package module_frontpage
 */

class Frontpage extends CodonModule
{
	public $title = 'Welcome';

public function index()
	{
		$this->set('usersonline', StatsData::UsersOnline());
		$this->set('guestsonline', StatsData::GuestsOnline());
		$this->set('pilotcode', PilotData::getPilotCode($pilot->code, $pilot->pilotid));
		$this->set('report', PIREPData::getLastReports($pilot->pilotid));
		$this->set('nextrank', RanksData::getNextRank($totalhours));
		$this->set('allawards', AwardsData::getPilotAwards($pilot->pilotid));
		$this->set('userinfo', $pilot);
        $this->set('pilot', $pilot);
		$this->set('pilot_hours', $totalhours);
		$this->render('frontpage_main.tpl');
	}
}

Edited by ProSkyDesign

• Moderators

In general, I do not agree with anything that has to do with editing the core files of a phpVMS website when you can avoid it. Also, I do not know if the above changes are going to work.

The part of code you are using does not show data because the $userinfo variable has not been populated. Instead of "$userinfo->totalhours", you can use  "Auth::$userinfo->totalhours" which should populate the $userinfo variable correctly. After that you can make use of the functions shown in the part of code "ProSkyDesign" shown. For example:

<li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-primary"><?php echo Auth::$userinfo->transferhours; ?></span>Transfer Hours</li>
<li class="list-group-item"><span class="badge badge-success"><?php echo FinanceData::FormatMoney(Auth::$userinfo->totalpay); ?></span>Pay</li>

You can do the same with the rest of the data you want to show in the frontpage of your website. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 5/22/2017 at 4:51 PM, mattsmith said:

<ul class="list-group">
            </ul>   

Untitled.png

I have created a module called "Statistics". You can look at the demo at my website.