https Warning

ProAvia

Needs an SSL Cert. 

On 25/6/2017 at 5:03 AM, t_bergman said:

Back working without any warnings; I am a big fan of HTTPS, especially with sites like letsencrypt.org that offer free and easy tools for sites. 

Since phpVMS *seemingly* has limited funding, I think the LetsEncrypt SSL is the way to go, I use it myself.

• Administrators
On 6/27/2017 at 5:34 PM, Max said:

Needs an SSL Cert. 

Since phpVMS *seemingly* has limited funding, I think the LetsEncrypt SSL is the way to go, I use it myself.

Not seemingly, def does :) I'll be looking into SSL stuff. I haven't transferred anything over, yet. Still figuring out what to do with the forum. I'm actually thinking of closing/archiving this one, and starting fresh with Flarum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Not seemingly, def does :) I'll be looking into SSL stuff. I haven't transferred anything over, yet. Still figuring out what to do with the forum. I'm actually thinking of closing/archiving this one, and starting fresh with Flarum.

Oooh. Well Flarum does seem like a nice, modern replacement. But it does not have that classic "Forum" feeling that I think we all love, it seems a bit more *simple*.

I'd say this one should stay up if you switch but you can archive it and still allow everyone to look through it as there's a heap of helpful resources and stuff in here.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Max said:

Oooh. Well Flarum does seem like a nice, modern replacement. But it does not have that classic "Forum" feeling that I think we all love, it seems a bit more *simple*.

I'd say this one should stay up if you switch but you can archive it and still allow everyone to look through it as there's a heap of helpful resources and stuff in here.

There's sooo much spam coming in haha.

11 hours ago, Nabeel said:

There's sooo much spam coming in haha.

What type of spam? The one nice thing about ipboard is that the license renewal options are low cost compared to starting over with another payware board. Although I am not familiar with the hosting costs and server demand that the ipboard has. 

• Administrators
On 6/29/2017 at 8:12 PM, t_bergman said:

What type of spam? The one nice thing about ipboard is that the license renewal options are low cost compared to starting over with another payware board. Although I am not familiar with the hosting costs and server demand that the ipboard has. 

Yeah, it's actually cheaper than I remembered. I'll prolly stick with ipb. Just gotta setup redis and etc to get it purring

• 1 month later...