kACARS - free Unhandled Exception

hecrowell

Getting the following message on the Get Flight Number info block. This problem appeared suddenly last evening for no apparent reason

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt tp continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format

Details

(Included in the .zip attachment

JIT Debugging is not active - have no idea how to do that.

exception.zip

There are no bids in the system..i am the only one who experimented with bids and that was some time ago.

none of our schedules are tied to a particular aircraft - the pilots are allowed to chose whatever aircraft they want to use from the dropdown list in kacars.

there were only a few reported flights that were reported using ANY as the aircraft. Today, I noted several of all reports highlighted and complaining of no aircraft assigned. I believe these were the reports using the ANY  aircraft. I reassigned all these reports to a valid aircraft.

still the unhandled exception error persists.

Guest lorathon

Some data that should be in numeric form is being sent to kACARS as a string.  

It looks like you are getting the error when pressing the get flight info?  If this is true than some data that should be a number is a string.  I am currently at work but can take a look at the code later and perhaps I can narrow it down.

5 minutes ago, lorathon said:

Some data that should be in numeric form is being sent to kACARS as a string.  

It looks like you are getting the error when pressing the get flight info?  If this is true than some data that should be a number is a string.  I am currently at work but can take a look at the code later and perhaps I can narrow it down.

Exactly correct!

what will you need as far as access is concerned?

Guest lorathon

I would need a pilot account.

I see your other post and it looks like whatever you have done has caused the issue.    It looks like you may have corrupted something by deleting the aircraft.  Do you have a backup of your site?  If you do I would just restore it or at a minimum the database.  It will save a lot of headaches in the future trying to track down all of the issues that may pop up.

the only thing I can suggest is letting you log in with my account because of the Captcha error which I have no idea how to fix.

unfortunately the main site admin did not set the system for auto backups nor has he done a database backup since July. A lot of work as far as schedules has been done since then..not to mention PIREPS.

Maybe I should be considering a move to Florida or Texas...none of my pilots would want to go there to find me for a lynching party.

it seemed like such a simple thing...remove one hardly used aircraft from the fleet

Ok, I can't dispute that, I simply do not know, but I am curious as to why this beast has raised its ugly head at this time. We did not assign an aircraft to our schedules so that a pilot would not be tied to a particular aircraft to fly any one of the routes. The pilot selected the aircraft from the dropdown in kACARS. System was working fine that way till last night.

questions now are:

If we assign an aircraft to a schedule now, how and will this affect our present operation.

if a pilot wants to fly a schedule with his favorite aircraft how will he do it - with a charter flight? With a manual flight? Maybe he will be able to use the dropdown to overwrite the default aircraft for that schedule?

Will he be able  to use the existing flight number for his charter flight? By the way, there is no revenue generated for a charter flight.

Edited by hecrowell

Guest lorathon

Please remember that kACARS Free did not change.  Your schedules did.  If you assign an aircraft back to all the schedules it will be back to the way it was.  I am going to assume that your had the ANY Aircraft assigned to all schedules.  When you deleted it this caused a major issue.  

kACARS does NOT do any financial information.  That is up to phpVMS.

7 minutes ago, lorathon said:

Please remember that kACARS Free did not change.  Your schedules did.  If you assign an aircraft back to all the schedules it will be back to the way it was.  I am going to assume that your had the ANY Aircraft assigned to all schedules.  When you deleted it this caused a major issue.  

kACARS does NOT do any financial information.  That is up to phpVMS.

Ok, thanks for that, and thanks for taking a look at our system. That is very much appreciated and somewhat comforting to think that we may be able to haul this one out of the fire.

Hell - theres only 900 or so schedules and I am 75 years old. Lesee now...yes, I should be able to fly again when I am 104.

Guest lorathon

Put the Any Aircraft back in ( you can create this through the phpVMS admin).  Then use phpAdmin to set all schedules aircraft id to the ID of the Any Aircraft.  Should take about 10 minutes.

Good Luck :)

8 minutes ago, hecrowell said:

Ok, thanks for that, and thanks for taking a look at our system. That is very much appreciated and somewhat comforting to think that we may be able to haul this one out of the fire.

Hell - theres only 900 or so schedules and I am 75 years old. Lesee now...yes, I should be able to fly again when I am 104.

Just one more quick question:

my scheduler has the csv file for the schedules. Could we recreate an " Any" aircraft and then simply import the schedules csv file again? With my luck, likely not that simple.

whoops...sorry...your reply came in while I was tappy tappy typing...

thanks

Edited by hecrowell