Removed aircraft "ANY" from fleet [SOLVED]

hecrowell

There was an aircraft in our fleet called "ANY"

I made a bad choice of removing it from the DATAbase directly. When trying to load a flight in kACARS free by inputting the flight number then clicking the Get Flight Information button, we seem to be getting an unhandled exception error in kACARS.

How can this be repaired?

thnx

Edited by hecrowell

• Administrators

For the Google recaptcha issue:

Can you access the site files using Filezilla or via CPanel? If so, open local.config.php and look for this section:

/* Keys for recaptcha, you can change these if you want to your own but it's
	a global key so it should just work */
Config::Set('RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY', '6LcklAsAAAAAAJqmghmMPOACeJrAxW3sJulSboxx');
Config::Set('RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY', '6LcklAsAAAAAAMeQy5ZBoDu8JOMTP-UL7ek1GedO');

Replace the listed PUBLIC and PRIVATE keys (the ones that start with 6LcklA.... above) with the ones you received from Google. Save the file and re-upload to your server.

Make sure you added your domain (fsnb.ca) to the Google recaptcha page where you received your key.

• Administrators

I'll preface this with - I'm not sure if this will work or not.........

As for deleting the aircraft. Did you delete it through the admin panel in phpVMS or directly from the database (phpvms_aircraft table)? I see you said directly form the database, but wanted to be sure.

Are you able to access the database using phpMyAdmin? If so, and you know what the 'id' of the aircraft was (from the 'id' column in the aircraft table), you may be able to add it back - but it will take a little work. If you've never done this before, I'd probably advise against it.

This may be another option:

If you haven't added any aircraft since the last database backup, Can the site owner re-upload the contents of the aircraft table?

And another:

Review ALL of your schedules and be sure an aircraft that is in the database is assigned to that schedule.

In any case, this may also 'fix' the kACARS issue you posted about too........

Edited by ProAvia

This issue was caused by removal of a fictituous aircraft "Any" that was attached to each and every one of our schedules. To fix, the aircraft was reestablished and the Schedules csv file re-imported. VOILA! All back to normal

fair warning - be very careful of what you are removing!

DATABASE BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP