ReCaptcha broken [SOLVED]

hecrowell

A couple of days ago, Inwas going through the various pages of our site and discovered that there is an issue on our Registration page - a reCaptcha error advising  "Invalid domain for site key"

This of course means that no one can apply to be a pilot. Worse than that, I don't know how to fix it other than I need to get new keys  (from google I think) and paste two keys - public and secret- somewhere.

I am not very proficient in playing with these files, so I need a good explanation...anyone up for that?

thanks

Edited by hecrowell

• Moderators

Hello,

Go here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list You will find a "register a new site" form. Set whatever label you want (this is used to remember the use of the keys you generate), select recaptcha v2 and on the domain field set your virtual airline domain name. As soon as you submit the form, you will receive a site key and a secret key.

Open your core/local.config.php file and copy the following if it's not already there:

/* Keys for recaptcha, you can change these if you want to your own but it's
a global key so it should just work */
Config::Set('RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY', 'paste_your_site_key');
Config::Set('RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY', 'paste_your_secret_key');

Do not forget to paste the keys accordingly. Save it and everything should work fine.