Importing and Deleting

in2tech

So in the early stages of testing the virtual airline. For the most part working on the template which does not effect the database or anything like that. In trying to learn the CSV import and export functions, I noticed that there is an option in the Import for Schedules that states : "Delete all previous routes - NOTE: this could potentially mess up any PIREPS from ACARS flights which are currently in progress, whose routes have changed. " , which like I said we are in the testing phase. So If we say have 1,000 schedules as an example and we edit the spreadsheet to have 500 and tick the DELETE, it will delete the 1,000 first right and than upload the new 500 on the spreadsheet? Is this the way it works for schedules, airports, etc...?

Thanks!

Edited by jnascar

• Moderators

The airports import process has an option to "Delete all old airport". So, if you check it during the import, it should delete all the previous airports just like with the schedules. Now, as for the aircraft, this option does not exist and mainly because even as an administrator you are not allowed to delete an aircraft from your system and also it is not suggested. So, the aircraft import script will import the aircraft which are inside the speadsheet without touching the already added ones.

Thanks,

Since I have done this the schedules used to appear on the page as soon as I selected the menu item. Now I have to click on Find Flights for it to show up and it also appears to opening in a separate page if that makes sense. Wonder why they are no longer showing when I click the menu by default.

Used to show schedule results right under this with schedules listed. Now I have to click Find Flights and it shows on another page!

2017-09-16_2120

This is what it used to look like when you clicked the schedules link in the main menu:

2017-09-17_0217

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by jnascar

Found a possible solution.

Exported the schedules

Changed all of the values in the Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4 columns to 1 in the csv file.  Saved the file.

Import the newly saved schedules with Delete Previous checked.

Deleted all the 1s in the Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4 columns.  Saved the csv file.

Import the newly saved schedules with Delete Previous checked again.

All the schedules appear on the first Schedule page without clicking Find Flights.  

Not sure why this worked.  Just know that it did.

If your schedules are actively using the Week 1 through Week 4 columns, doing the same in the "days of week" column should work.  Just sort your spreadsheet accordingly and only change values in the empty cells.

• Thanks 1