[SOLVED] Google Maps on phpVMS not working

justifyletters

On 9/30/2017 at 10:52 AM, justifyletters said:

Where exactly are you supposed to put in the API key?

Use the code below and replace your api key that you get from https://developers.google.com/maps/ with "YOUR API KEY HERE" in the below script and place the script before the ending </head> tag in your layout file of your template. ;) 

<script async defer src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR API KEY HERE"type="text/javascript"></script>

• 1 year later...

OK, I realize this is an old post. I have been running the ObsessBlue skin on three different sites since 2009 never had an issue with the live map. The PHPvms version is the original when it came with the Crystal and crystalsidebar skins, anyhow I decide to update one of the sites with first version 5.5 xx and that version is over my head. The only skin i can use is the default crystal. anything else is a washout including the Ocean-Blue which was created for the 5,5xx version. So I went to PHPvms V2 all is well everything works except the Acars Map is blank on every skin except the default cyrstal skin. My api keys is installed... the maps work on my older versions of PHPvms .... So i was trying to build on the cyrstal skin until I realised what i need to know about the skin does not exsit in the layout template,, the .css is not an issue, Its not knowing specifically where the content is that drives that skin, such as the menubar and display content and yet I have no issue getting around the ObsessBlue skin,,,go figure. im a trial and error cut and paste person, don't know the code. If I wern't 73 years old I would learn it...but i could be playing the harp by then.Anyway guys, im open to any suggestions that would put me on the correct path.