Migration Problems

Virtualei

Hi all,

I have been searching these forums and trying different things all day to sort this problem but I think it has beaten me :( so any help would be much appreciated. I moved my site to a new host and I think my main problem is that the SQL is a different version. I am not clued up on databases at all really. My old host was SQL 5.5 and my new one is 5.6

The first problem I cam accross was that once I tried to log in was I got the dreaded You need to be logged in to view this page. This happened on my skin and default skin. 

After clearing my CAche and PHPVMS_sessions it made no difference.

Next I tried a fresh install and upgraded to Simpilots 5.5 to see if that made a difference. Once the install was complete I changed the local_config to look for the older database and not the new one made on the new installation and still we cannot log in. 

Is there anyway I can import all my pilots , pireps etc into the new database as this one seems to work. I tried using an export and then import but got the a foreign key constraint failure

Please help.

www.jet2virtual.com