[HELP] PhpVMS is not updating the SQL database

LeonardIGO4036

I have noticed that phpVMS isn't quite writing anything into the MySQL database.
For example, if there is a new pilot registration, the Admin Center does nothing when i press "Accept Pilot"

Same for "Profile Edit", it doesn't show any errors, but neither it updates anything. The only way i do it is via the phpMyAdmin through the cPanel. 

This is kind of frustrating everytime, does anyone know how to fix this??

1. Try to clear the caches.
2. Verify that MySQL is on the right user, password, etc.
3. When you install phpVMS it talks about the best MySQL, so if you do not solve the above, try reinstalling phpVMS (NOTE: Deleting old MySQL and creating another one)

Hope it helps, good luck.

Edited by CarlosEduardo2409

On 10/6/2017 at 10:39 PM, CarlosEduardo2409 said:

1. Try to clear the caches.
2. Verify that MySQL is on the right user, password, etc.
3. When you install phpVMS it talks about the best MySQL, so if you do not solve the above, try reinstalling phpVMS (NOTE: Deleting old MySQL and creating another one)

Hope it helps, good luck.

Hello, thanks for getting back. 

I am a novice in SQL and PhpVMS, so could you please direct me on how to do step 1 and 3? 

I've verified Step 2, it's perfect. 

Hello, the number 1 is to be cleaned by the same chrome, or your browser, you can search on youtube depending on your browser.

The number 3 is when you install phpVMS, you have to go in install / install.php and you put the data of your database, there is an option that option according to the image: https://prnt.sc/gvc1xb . This option is selected automatically, but I think you did not move, I do not know if it will work, hope you're lucky. NOTE: To fix this is just uninstalling phpVMS and installing again.

And I'm sorry if I'm speaking wrong, because I'm Portuguese and I'm using google translate

Edited by CarlosEduardo2409

It's strange behaviour... your site is working normally? I mean, it displays something? Whats your url?

Are you on free hosting by any chance? which php version and which phpvms version? 

You could try clearing the cache of phpvms: in your admin panel go to site & settings, maintenance options and then down the bottom it says clear cache. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:05 PM, mischka said:

It's strange behaviour... your site is working normally? I mean, it displays something? Whats your url?

Are you on free hosting by any chance? which php version and which phpvms version? 

You could try clearing the cache of phpvms: in your admin panel go to site & settings, maintenance options and then down the bottom it says clear cache. 

My Site is working Normally, URL is : icrew.iflyva.in, No its not a free hosting, and yes, phpVMS is running on v5.5 

I tried clearing cache, it doesnt work. 

For now, im only able to make changes in the database via phpMyAdmin.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:23 AM, CarlosEduardo2409 said:

Hello, the number 1 is to be cleaned by the same chrome, or your browser, you can search on youtube depending on your browser.

The number 3 is when you install phpVMS, you have to go in install / install.php and you put the data of your database, there is an option that option according to the image: https://prnt.sc/gvc1xb . This option is selected automatically, but I think you did not move, I do not know if it will work, hope you're lucky. NOTE: To fix this is just uninstalling phpVMS and installing again.

And I'm sorry if I'm speaking wrong, because I'm Portuguese and I'm using google translate

Thank you mate, i will try and let you know

UPDATE : I noticed that i can add & edit the schedules, it's only the Pilot details that im unable to edit. 

define('DBASE_USER', 'iflyvaco_phpvms');
define('DBASE_PASS', 'xxxxx');
define('DBASE_NAME', 'iflyvaco_phpvms');
define('DBASE_SERVER', 'localhost');
define('DBASE_TYPE', 'mysqli');

define('TABLE_PREFIX', 'phpvms_');

define('SITE_URL', 'http://icrew.iflyva.in');

and also, this is what i have in the local.config.php.

if anyone knows the solution, please let me know, my pilots are angry that they are not able to see their hours rising :(

Edited by LeonardIGO4036