Create a Database Form

in2tech

So I want to create a module that is basically a database form to input information on the page and be unique to each pilot. So the basics are similar to adding a field in the admin panel via the registration form as just an example, except I want it to be a separate page or module where each pilots data will be unique to them. It's probably really easy for most of you but I am not sure how to start. It's also like a forum post kind of. I simply want each pilot to enter or select from a drop information about missions and than output this information on a unique page for each pilot.

For instance input would be something like:

Mission                               Flown         Date

Sitka Approach                    Yes             10/10/2017

Riley Creek                           Yes             09/17/2017

Return To Riley Creek.          No

etc.....

It's kind of like the Pilot List where it has their name, rank, hours, etc..... The pilots would need to be able to add info when they fly a mission!

2017-10-10_1428

Admin area for now!

2017-10-10_1429

I want the pilot to have access to this and add text, or select from a drop down? It appears it should not be too hard, but I am not sure! It would basically be like the Edit Form the pilots have access too! But with the Mission Info instead :)

Edited by jnascar

2 hours ago, mischka said:

forget about the technicalities, what are you trying to achieve? some kind of logbook where pilots can write which missions they completed?

Yes! And list them like the pireps_view_all.php page! Input them and output them per pilot as each one will have different missions they flew!

Similar kind of form but would be mission instead of PIREPs, and probably really simple info for now like above

2017-10-10_1641

I added test data by adding fields to my pilot_list page just to see some data! Except that it would be info on a page per Pilot like the Pireps View All page! I do want the pilot ID and name on the page, the rest will be the mission info fields!

2017-10-10_1643

15 hours ago, mischka said:

right, so pilots self-certify they did a certain mission? and what are the missions... do you specify them or can they write anything? Which phpvms version you use? 

phpVMS 5.X from Simpilot and yes the Pilots can write what they want as people like different missions and there is no way I can keep up with a list of missions, and also I am talking about FSX, FSX-SE, and FSW also as my members enter FSW flights manually now and the community mission creation on that platform is off the charts! No way to keep up! But the module has to keep up with the database records numbers right? And yes they self certify that they flew the mission!

Thanks!

Edited by jnascar