[Free] FlightAware Schedule Puller

RamiAbouZahra

13 hours ago, Michael2015 said:

Hello sir 

I have signed up for a API key but i cant pull anything and i dont no how to do this 

It's not finished yet, and you should at least be able to pull some flight data if you're on linux ;) I need a bit of time to port it over to windows (I know what the issue is, it's my fault for doing the shortcut way :p)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @RamiAbouZahra,

I am having trouble knowing what to do because I am not really a coder. If you could help me out that would be great!

I already changed the two inputs for the Airline Code at the top to QTR and have inputted my FlightAware info into the $apiUserID and $apiKey but I don't know what to do next.

Thanks,

Brent

3 hours ago, brent11292 said:

Hey @RamiAbouZahra,

I am having trouble knowing what to do because I am not really a coder. If you could help me out that would be great!

I already changed the two inputs for the Airline Code at the top to QTR and have inputted my FlightAware info into the $apiUserID and $apiKey but I don't know what to do next.

Thanks,

Brent

Hey, this project is not finished, so currently it only pulls the data and stores them into a csv file (you can make a cron job to run it). The end project is finished, I have it running right now collecting flight info and saving them in a database, but I need to fully test it for about a week before I release it into the open ;)

22 minutes ago, RamiAbouZahra said:

Hey, this project is not finished, so currently it only pulls the data and stores them into a csv file (you can make a cron job to run it). The end project is finished, I have it running right now collecting flight info and saving them in a database, but I need to fully test it for about a week before I release it into the open ;)

So how would you make a cron job to run it? Sorry just not experienced in coding. Also, how long would you think this would be released as a finished product?

16 hours ago, brent11292 said:

So how would you make a cron job to run it? Sorry just not experienced in coding. Also, how long would you think this would be released as a finished product?

Once the whole thing has been tested and rewritten (I mean, have you seen the code? It is the definition of spaghetti), I will announce on how to install it and documentation :) 

Edited by RamiAbouZahra

Updates:

So, I ran it for a week using a cron job (someone can probably figure out how to do that) but as you see from the code, it is the definition of a mess and no documentation.

I also found an issue since I was calculating the time by checking the difference between departure time and arrival, which could give unrealistic times if for example you depart 18:00 and arrive 01:00, it would say flighttime is 17:00...

Another thing I need to fix is the days of week a flight is flown, which was always set to all days. This time it will check for existing entry and if it exits, it will update this to include the correct day of week :) 

Right now, I am rewriting it and documenting, so "stay tuned" when next version is released.

Update!

It has now been rewritten to what I consider "good code" and documented.

Below you will find a link with instructions on how to set it up etc.

Feedback is appreciated ;)

https://github.com/RAZERZ/PullFlightData

EDIT: This rewritten code also contains the "features" that I stated above

Edited by RamiAbouZahra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/21/2017 at 2:11 PM, elfrost said:

I'm using something like that.
I created my own php script and i run it with a cronjob.

It keeps my schedule databse up to date and I grab data from Flightaware totally free.

Basically, the scrip go to 

$ch = curl_init("http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/".$code."?;offset=".($i*40)."&sort=ASC;order=actualdeparturetime");

$code is defined by whatever you want ( WJA-JBU-AAL-DAL...)

The script is connected directly with your phpvms database so it updates/upload all datas in there.

If flight does not exist = it creates
If flight exist = check for update
if exist and up to date = do nothing

and also, if flight do not receive any update for x days, then delete it

So you understand here that my schedule is always up to date and synchroinized with flightaware :)

I'm pretty proud of it because i'm not a php expert and I'm working on it for one year lol
I used flightaware API before but I found out a way to get data for free...

Would you be willing to share this script and some instructions on how to get it to work?