Assistance creating a pHpVMS website for my VA.

BlakePope

On 03/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, BlakePope said:

Hello all. I am new at this pHpVMS thing and was wondering if anyone would be willing to donate time to set up a website for me? I need someone who can create skins and code features into the website for me. Also, I need this website to be free if that’s okay. Thanks

Blake

Hey Blake, 

Setting up a phpVMS website shouldn't be alot of trouble. 

1. Get your domain and hosting (you can have a free one or a paid one, it's your wish, but if you're taking my opinions into account, I'd say go for a paid one) 

- You need an SQL Database too (phpMyAdmin)

- Create a database eg : 'my_va' and also a database user with all privilèdges. 

- (Optional) Create a subdomain called crew.yourvirtualairline.com and point it towards a folder called 'crew' (you have to create this folder)

2. Download the latest version of phpVMS by simpilot from here. https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpvms_5.5.x

3. Once you download it, rename it to 'crew' and upload it to your site.

4. Open the file manager / ftp (file transfer protocol), usually it's ftp.yoursite.com. Download an FTP client (Filezilla is what I used to have) and use your ftp account details to login. Then upload the 'crew.zip' and then unzip it, (or) unzip it and then upload. 

5. Once you're done, run install.php 

crew.yourvirtualairline.com/install/install.php (if you haven't created a sub domain, then use www.yourvirtualairline.com/install/install.php) 

6. Enter your VA Details, check the database connection and proceed as directed. 

This will successfully install phpVMS into your website. 

---- 

Setting up the VA : 

1. You need schedules, airports and fleet details. This you gotta do on your own my friend. Use flightaware.com or even you Airline's official website for the CSV file and then upload it into your phpVMS via the admin panel.

2. Now, search the forums, there are tons of usefull addons which might come in handy for your pilots during flight ops. 

3. For the Pilot center skins, there are lots of Freeware templates available. If you'd like a crew center, try out MarkSwan's CrewCenter. It's really good and highly recommended for a startup VA. :)  

(But if you're looking for something slightly better, search for iCrew v4 on payware addons ;)

4. If you've installed phpVMS on crew.yourvirtualairline.com, then use www.yourvirtualairline.com for a landing page. 

Landing page Templates are available in huge volumes for free in the internet, just download one and customise them for your use. 

I hope this was usefull, if it was useful give me a like :)

Best Regards and all the very best for your New Virtual Airline. :)

Leonard. 

• Thanks 1