Merger Email?

wrenchca

You mean empora as in emporavirtal.com?

They are just out to get rid of you. They did it to my friend: Offered him a management position if he merged airlines, so he did. Once his airline was all gone and the pilots moved they just ignored him.

Their website is awful too.

• Moderators

You mean empora as in emporavirtal.com?

They are just out to get rid of you. They did it to my friend: Offered him a management position if he merged airlines, so he did. Once his airline was all gone and the pilots moved they just ignored him.

Their website is awful too.

Out to get rid of me?

• Moderators

Yes. Remove competition.

WHAT! that's it, i plan to resgin on may 1.

Also why don't we all send him a email to offer a merger becasue this airline took everything out to make phpVMS, but no!

• Moderators

the best thing you can do is just ignore his mails iff he sends you a mer(ger proposal.

and vansers the first thing you schould do is make sure he hasen't got anny acces to you server.

I will IP BAN his a**

• Moderators

Agreed with Joeri on this one. If he has access to your server, you're probably screwed.

And yes Tom, he is very full of himself. :lol:

RATE of five!

don't worry, i will request site5 for a server transfer so it will change the IP.

Also put a new hard drive in my home (apple server) with OS nstalled

• Administrators

Gentleman, in my opinion you are missing one thing about this.

First, everyone knows who we are talking about, if you do a search on him in any of the flight-sim related forums, especially flightsimworld, you will find many a thread with his self serving propaganda in it. You are right when you say that he is just out to shut down as many competitors as he can, I was contacted as many others were, and he never seemed to be able to quite answer the questions I had. When I said I would rather not and continue on my own, suddenly my roster was full of hackers and my site was one of the worst on the net in his opinion. Funny how great it was when he just wanted to get the roster out of it, which brings me to my concern with him.

The thing I think some may miss is as a owner/staff member of a VA you have an ethical obligation to maintain your members personal information private, this includes email address's among other things. Has he provided you with any security that he will not use your roster for purposes other than building his roster? Have you gotten the permission of your member/pilots to transfer this information? Did you tell them during your registration process that their information would never be used outside of the va they are signing up for, I know I do. Search flightsimworld forums for his name with the tag "email", you will see what he has done with mailing lists in the past. If he is capable of that , he is capable of anything. I personally would not want to be the one responsible for releasing that information.

As far as his feeling about phpVMS, who cares, that opinion is coming from a guy that spent a pile of money for a developer and got what seems to be a very basic site that has about a tenth of the capabilities of just a base install of phpVMS, not to mention going up against a va using phpVMS with a lot of addons and custom scripts. Sounds more like jealousy and envy than anything else. Beyond that, just as my family makes my home, not the bricks and sticks, the members of a va make the va, the operating system is just the "house". Unfortunatly for this man, his house has no family in it.

I for one am greatful for the work that has been done here with phpVMS, and no one will sway my beliefs about it, Nabeel, and open source projects, especially an idiot like this guy.

[END RANT]

• Like 4

as dave mentiont i woumld be verry carfull in all the stuff you do with empora when i started my airline most people liked my website apart from 1 person, he wass dissing my site as he does to all websites.

maby we all schould propose a merger to on off our airlines and take over his stuff :lol:

gr joeri

Ah, Empora.. He really does have nerve. He just goes around dissing websites, like mine, and his site doesn't even work in IE. Huh.

• Administrators

Ah yes, I recognize that guy. I think it was a bit of a 'small man' syndrome going on. Some people take this stuff way too seriously...!

But simpilot brought up a great point - guard your member's privacy to every degree possible. Aside from the fact that you can get in trouble for it; people are trusting some of that basic information over to you. Once that trust is broken, it's gone. Don't allow anyone access into your sites (especially someone you've just met!). In the past it used to be OK, when the 'net was young(er), but now there's no telling as to someone's malicious intent.

• Moderators

Ah yes, I recognize that guy. I think it was a bit of a 'small man' syndrome going on.

dude never talk about a man his u know what iff you do that here in belgium they call you a u know what. :lol::lol::lol:

just kidding

yeah i think he takes the whole virtual airline stuff a bidd to seriusly

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Are they repeatedly sending emails? Add them to your junk/blocked list or report abuse/whatever it's called on hotmail.

sometimes, but from differnet VA's.

I might try to get the IP and block them.

THERE DONE!

Yeah that is one way to get blacklisted. ;) Most email clients turn me down due to being on a blacklist for some stupid reason that I have never found out why. Once your on the list, it is a MAJOR pain to email anyone ever until your IP changes.

As for this bone head, I agree, I think he is just trying to generate traffic to his VA and shut down good old fashioned competition.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah that is one way to get blacklisted. ;) Most email clients turn me down due to being on a blacklist for some stupid reason that I have never found out why. Once your on the list, it is a MAJOR pain to email anyone ever until your IP changes.

As for this bone head, I agree, I think he is just trying to generate traffic to his VA and shut down good old fashioned competition.

THAT IS ONE VERY GOOD REASON!

My server IP does not change auto. I have to manualy change it though, but now it's good now.

• Moderators

This idiot has now resulted in using my contact me form on my VA.

What a complete ****.

Still the delete button is near by :lol:

Agreed! Yeah, but you could IP ban the person who was sending the messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people take this stuff way too seriously...!

That is the truest statement I've seen in a long time.

I suspect that folks who don't live up to their own expectations in their real life career, go out of their way to play the big bad "executive". Maybe it's my reputation for being evil, wicked, mean and nasty, that has saved me from "merger" offers.:lol:

I have read the first couple of posts so if I have missed something important after that I apologise but...

I have just created Robin Hood Airlines and as I type this there is one member, me!! I am quite happy with that because before I want to get more members I want to make sure its a nice place to fly!

I have read the first couple of posts so if I have missed something important after that I apologise but...

I have just created Robin Hood Airlines and as I type this there is one member, me!! I am quite happy with that because before I want to get more members I want to make sure its a nice place to fly!

Bravo!!!!

Ah, Empora.. He really does have nerve. He just goes around dissing websites, like mine, and his site doesn't even work in IE. Huh.

I moderate the VA forum at flightsimulationforums.com and have run into him on a number of occasions. His usual thing is to tell other VAs they are doing things wrong or should change one thing or another, or telling them they are in trouble for using the name of their VA. He's been warned about his behavior a number of times. About the only thing he does well, is make "pretty" "press releases".:rolleyes:

As far as defending against "predators" , I would tell someone wanting to merge with Omega-Air...well, I can't really say that here. I log the IP address of every visitor and drop suspicious ones into .htaccess.

As for pilot privacy, I'm even critical of phpVMS for not having an option to display only the first name and last initial of the pilots, instead of the full last name. Heck, for that matter, I usually remove the "posted by" on the news page...but forgot to, the last time I upgraded.:o

• Like 1