Merger Email?

wrenchca

I moderate the VA forum at flightsimulationforums.com

ist2_3868327_big_yawn.jpg

As for pilot privacy, I'm even critical of phpVMS for not having an option to display only the first name and last initial of the pilots, instead of the full last name. Heck, for that matter, I usually remove the "posted by" on the news page...but forgot to, the last time I upgraded.:o

Nabeel has provided an unbelievable product for NOTHING -Zero, Zip, Nada. To even suggest that he is not doing his part to protect us is outrageous. His ethics are unquestioned by (almost) all of us.

Your comment is completely out of line.

DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

As for pilot privacy, I'm even critical of phpVMS for not having an option to display only the first name and last initial of the pilots, instead of the full last name. Heck, for that matter, I usually remove the "posted by" on the news page...but forgot to, the last time I upgraded.:o

While there is not a global option you can set this to display the pilots last name by using the below code.

<?php echo $pilot->firstname.'  '.$pilot->lastname[0]?>

<?php echo  $userinfo->firstname . ' ' . $userinfo->lastname[0]?>

Those are different based on the template your editing. By adding the [0] it only displays the pilots last initial.

• Moderators

Nabeel has provided an unbelievable product for NOTHING -Zero, Zip, Nada. To even suggest that he is not doing his part to protect us is outrageous. His ethics are unquestioned by (almost) all of us.

Nabeel worked MANY LONG hours to code this awsome phpVMS and it is very extremely stable. I thank to Nabeel for that!

Sorry for removing your stupid graphics. I didn't question Nabeel's ethics. I was critical of something that is lacking in protecting the privacy of pilots. Now I suggest you either take a refresher course in English comprehension or start taking your medication, again.

While there is not a global option you can set this to display the pilots last name by using the below code.

<?php echo $pilot->firstname.'  '.$pilot->lastname[0]?>

<?php echo  $userinfo->firstname . ' ' . $userinfo->lastname[0]?>

Those are different based on the template your editing. By adding the [0] it only displays the pilots last initial.

I'm going to look into that. Thanks for pointing that out.