Changing Flight Number box on PIREP to a dropdown list

opsman

Hi there

When my users submit a PIREP, I would like them to select a flight number from one of the schedules I've created without having to remember the flight number.
I've managed to convert the flight number text box into a dropdown menu but not sure how to pull the schedule flight number and note through so the data appears in the dropdown automatically.

Any ideas how I would go about doing this? Apologies, I'm still learning!

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I don't know how to do it.

I'm guessing you mean in the manual PIREP form. Personally, I make filing a manual PIREP as uninviting as possible. I want pilots to use my automated PIREP system.

Are you also using an automated PIREP system? If not, you may wish to look into kACARSII (payware) or kACARS_Free (freeware). This may make your job as an admin much easier when processing PIREPS - and make it easier for your pilots to submit PIREPS.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 12/22/2017 at 4:51 AM, opsman said:

Hi there

When my users submit a PIREP, I would like them to select a flight number from one of the schedules I've created without having to remember the flight number.
I've managed to convert the flight number text box into a dropdown menu but not sure how to pull the schedule flight number and note through so the data appears in the dropdown automatically.

Any ideas how I would go about doing this? Apologies, I'm still learning!

Thanks in advance

Please paste your code for the dropdown and I'll add the required codes to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Parkho

Sorry for my late reply...this is what I've got so far but its not pulling through the flightnum.
Ideally I would like the dropdown to be populated from the flightnum and notes columns contained in schedules database table

PIREPS.php

<dt>* Select Mission:</dt>
    <dd><select name "flightnum">
        <option value="">Select mission</option>
        <?php 
            foreach($bids as $bid){
            $sel = ($_POST['flightnum'] == $bid->flightnum)?'selected':'';    
            echo '<option value="'.$bid->flightnum.'" '.$sel.'>'.$bid->flightnum.'</option>';
            }
        ?> 

</select>
    </dd>

Many thanks

Nick

• Moderators
On 3/2/2018 at 2:48 AM, opsman said:

Hi @Parkho

Sorry for my late reply...this is what I've got so far but its not pulling through the flightnum.
Ideally I would like the dropdown to be populated from the flightnum and notes columns contained in schedules database table

PIREPS.php

<dt>* Select Mission:</dt>
    <dd><select name "flightnum">
        <option value="">Select mission</option>
        <?php 
            foreach($bids as $bid){
            $sel = ($_POST['flightnum'] == $bid->flightnum)?'selected':'';    
            echo '<option value="'.$bid->flightnum.'" '.$sel.'>'.$bid->flightnum.'</option>';
            }
        ?> 

</select>
    </dd>

Many thanks

Nick

Do you want your pilots to be able to choose the FN and the rest of their PIREP's info show up in the fields automatically?

• Moderators
On 3/4/2018 at 1:16 AM, opsman said:

Hi @Parkho

I would like the drop down to show a list of flight numbers and their description (notes).
I have the flight numbers and notes data already stored in the schedules table.

I've attached some screenshots in the zip file...hopefully this helps!

Appreciate your reply and assistance @Parkho

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

If you have a big table with a lot of data, loading them all into a drop-down + notes will take a while and slow down your server. Instead, I suggest you pull FN and notes for pilot's last pirep letting them to fill in the submission form from there. What do you think?