White Page on phpVMS 2

flyalaska

I am trying to get my site ready for php7. I have installed phpVMS 2 on a dev directory. Changed the skin files from php to tpl and all I get is a blank white page. Am I missing something?

Skin shows on default skin and different tpl skin. Just not the one I am trying to convert.

Edited by flyalaska

• Moderators

Its not compatible with v7 or 7.1, first change your local config to use mysqli and then you have to debug the rest as you go, some common errors are filing a pirep it errors with no schedule add manually amoungst loads of other issues.

I have not yet been able to run this as a viable option on php v7 or 7.1 I have something running but its far from being an option with all the different addons 

7 hours ago, mark1million said:

Its not compatible with v7 or 7.1, first change your local config to use mysqli and then you have to debug the rest as you go, some common errors are filing a pirep it errors with no schedule add manually amoungst loads of other issues.

I have not yet been able to run this as a viable option on php v7 or 7.1 I have something running but its far from being an option with all the different addons 

I disagree, I'm running 5.5.x on a PHP 7.0 dev environment locally and I've only had two issues so far, one being that it requires PHP 5.x.x on install and the other being the reCaptcha class needs to be named __construct instead of the class name as it's deprecated in PHP 7.0+. This was only a base install with a few modules though.

As for phpvms 2 on PHP 7.0, https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/24500-phpvms-legacy-support-for-php-7/ is about as far as I know for it. Check your folder permissions and error_log file for any further info.

Edited by web541

• Moderators
3 hours ago, web541 said:

I disagree, I'm running 5.5.x on a PHP 7.0 dev environment locally and I've only had two issues so far, one being that it requires PHP 5.x.x on install and the other being the reCaptcha class needs to be named __construct instead of the class name as it's deprecated in PHP 7.0+.

As for phpvms 2 on PHP 7.0, https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/24500-phpvms-legacy-support-for-php-7/ is about as far as I know for it. Check your folder permissions and error_log file for any further info.

I dont know what addons you have nut i have loads of them and custom coded and they will not work, i can run base install no problems but when i start adding addons its all goes to pot.

I have just deployed a new server for testing and working out the new way of phpvms currently in dev, im not going to waste any more time on 5.3, 5.4,  5.5 or 5.6 compatibility, there is just too much work to get it all together.

1 hour ago, mark1million said:

I dont know what addons you have nut i have loads of them and custom coded and they will not work, i can run base install no problems but when i start adding addons its all goes to pot.

I have just deployed a new server for testing and working out the new way of phpvms currently in dev, im not going to waste any more time on 5.3, 5.4,  5.5 or 5.6 compatibility, there is just too much work to get it all together.

Yeah, my installation wasn't overloaded, it only had about 3 modules installed. They will probably cause issues as you stated, I didn't think of that.

Because I have my layout and core navigational split I had an error with this once pointing to .php instead of .tpl, it's something to check and easy to over look!

<?php Template::Show('core_navigation.tpl'); ?>

Hope you find the problem, and get it fixed!