Setting up v7

neo2810

I currently have a heavily modified phpvms 2.6 deployment running our VA site. It's been absolutely fine over the years and runs with kacars v1 but I'm wanting to start use kacars v2. Clearly v2 won't run on our phpvms version and because most of the core is heavily modified, upgrading the phpvms version in situ is not possible, so I'll be developing from scratch to replace what we have once I'm ready. I've got v7.0 running on a Xampp dev environment on my local machine and I've run the installer and have the example info pulling in from the local mysql db correctly, so far so good. However, I've imported all the tables from my existing site to the dev DB but none of the info is pulling into the v7.0 front end?

Is v7.0 a complete rewrite which uses a whole new set of variables making importing existing DB data impossible, or have I missed something? I can see all the newly generated tables alongside the old so I know I'm using the correct DB.

Further to that, I can't seem to find any docs on structure of v7.0? All the tutorials and docs refer to the classic phpvms. Where do you put template files in the Laravel file structure?

kacars is being updated (so I've heard) when the v7 API becomes fully available. As for the DB, you can't just import your v2 ones into the v7 ones, the structure is completely different. A converter is being made to do the importing for you, but even this isn't completely ready yet. 

For the templates, they are stored here and for modifying them you should look here and here

But as flyalaska said, you shouldn't be worrying too much about v7 just yet, there's still a lot that needs to be done before it's production ready.

Ah, my bad. I was under the impression v7 had been released as you can download the Laravel and classic frameworks versions. 

So to be clear, I should either work on phpvms v5.5 (latest stable as far as I can see), or wait until v7 is available and then start developing on that?

I can only see download for v7 on this site. Where are the previous versions?

• Administrators
On 1/14/2018 at 7:22 PM, neo2810 said:

Ah, my bad. I was under the impression v7 had been released as you can download the Laravel and classic frameworks versions. 

So to be clear, I should either work on phpvms v5.5 (latest stable as far as I can see), or wait until v7 is available and then start developing on that?

I can only see download for v7 on this site. Where are the previous versions?

I'll put the previous version download in the downloads section