Website Hosting sees phpVMS as a virus [SOLVED]

brent11292

After uploading the files through FileZilla onto my website to install phpVMS Classic downloaded from GitHub, and after running through the installer, I check out the forums to add a skin for the website but a few minutes after, FileZilla looses connection from the host, I try re-connecting with no luck. I then reload my account on the host’s website but now I had to login again, but I see an error message saying “Account has been suspended due to ToS Violations”, then I send them an email asking them why my account got suspended and I get this answer:

Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your account.

The reason for your account suspension is the fact that our hosting platform has detected a virus on your hosting account and has disabled it permanently.

In order to avoid this issue from repeating please make sure that you upload files that you have downloaded only from verified sources.”

I have also tried another hosting website with no luck. Any ideas?

Edited by brent11292

• Administrators
11 hours ago, brent11292 said:

Just needed to change hosts but it may come up again

I'd ask for details on what files. They could also be referring to a vulnerability list with "open-flash-charts" on it, which had a vulnerability, that I patched in subsequent versions a long time ago (when the vulnerability in that library was first reported)

3 hours ago, Nabeel said:

I'd ask for details on what files. They could also be referring to a vulnerability list with "open-flash-charts" on it, which had a vulnerability, that I patched in subsequent versions a long time ago (when the vulnerability in that library was first reported)

I ran a checksum on VirusTotal a couple weeks ago and the phpVMS .zip file is listed on one of the databases. Maybe add a .txt file, lol?

3 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Which zip? Can you link me?

It's the v2.0 phpVMS with php 7

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/df4d159938ddea35d42049ad50ac73131074162800c547580f85e3d1a62bb147/detection
Webroot has it listed.

The php5 is also listed with the same database-

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/7113062ae5d58c5519b1f1c1151a84ccf62c955a7a3a185334c6647b846c1e76/detection

Edited by magicflyer

• Administrators
1 hour ago, magicflyer said:

Thanks, I'll look into this. This is super weird. I'm guessing it's because of the OFC library. I'll try to get in touch with them and find out more.